|Job Ref:||16-10430||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Industry:||Aerospace||Country:||United States||County/State:||California||City:||San Diego||Address:||Post Date:||16/10/2016 05:09|
The Professional Development Program is a 2-year department rotation program. The program consists of rotations through Production, Engineering, Planning, Supply Chain, Safety, Programs, and other Departments. Production Associates will be required to complete job assignments in each department, as well as complete other projects specific to the program. At the conclusion of the two-year program, the Production Associate will be assigned to a permanent position within the organization.|
Reports to the Training and Development Specialist (acting Supervisor for 2-yr rotation) who is responsible for administering the program. Also reports to department/rotation manager on a regular basis to monitor status of assigned projects. Interacts with SOC Managers, General Supervisors, Trade Supervisors, Ship Managers, Superintendents, Engineers, Planners, Safety representatives, customers, vendors and subcontractors.
• Develop comprehensive knowledge of shipbuilding and/or repair processes
• Develop managerial and leadership skills
• Complete all projects/assignments in time allotted
• Support company goals related to Safety, Quality, Cost and Schedule Performance
• Be an active participant in NASSCO's continuous improvement culture
• Complete internal and external training requirements
• Complete performance evaluations at the culmination of each assignment
• Perform other duties as assigned
Contributing improvement ideas in Production, Planning and Engineering. Responsible for completing rotation assigned tasks in a timely and organized fashion. Must maintain a good attendance record and must be proactive and outgoing.
Actively participates in implementing and monitoring continuous improvement initiatives to improve safety, improve quality, reduce cycle time, and reduce costs.
• Requires Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Maritime related subject matter.
• Basic understanding of world-class manufacturing techniques and the Maritime Industry.
• Ability to manage work tasks effectively as well as demonstrate personal flexibility.
• Ability to utilize effective interpersonal skills and resolve conflicts.
• Ability to lead and motivate others.
• Ability to express ideas in oral and written formats.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Must be able to climb ladders and work in on-board shop and assembly production areas. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, and peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to fingers, handle or feel objects, controls, and to talk and hear. Must be physically able to walk to all yard locations. The noise level in this environment is usually moderate.