|Job Ref:||ANN16-5806-H-1||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Industry:||Manufacturing||Country:||United States||County/State:||Alabama||City:||Anniston||Address:||Post Date:||20/10/2016 05:12|
Sets up and operates numerical control machine to cut, shape, or form metalwork pieces to specifications by performing the following duties.|
• Reviews setup sheet and specifications to determine setup procedure, machining sequence, and dimensions of finished work piece.
• Attaches fixture to machine bed and positions and secures work piece in fixture according to setup instructions.
• Assembles cutting tools in tool holders and positions tool holders in machine spindles as specified or inserts cutting tools in specified machine magazines.
• Loads control media by computer into machine control console or enters commands to retrieve preprogrammed machine instructions from database.
• Manipulates controls and enters commands to index cutting tool to specified set point and to start machine.
• Observes and listens to machine operation to detect malfunctions such as worn or damaged cutting tools.
• Changes cutting tools and location of workpiece during machining process as specified in setup instructions.
• Measures workpiece for conformance to specifications.
• Notifies supervisor of discrepancies.
• Sets up and operates another machine tool during controlled machining cycles.
Other duties may be assigned.
High School Diploma, GED, Associate's degree preferred.