Senior Technology Engineer - Atlanta, GA|
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, an award-winning and innovative multi-disciplinary engineering consulting firm, is looking for a Senior Technology Engineer specializing in IT, Telecommunications, Audio Visual, and Security systems design for our Atlanta office. WSP works closely with architects and owners from around the world on large, complex projects with a focus on sustainability and energy performance of the built environment.
About the Job
Our Engineers work on high quality, high-profile, national and international projects. You will actively participate in the full project cycle, from the design phase through the final construction close-out. WSP offers excellent growth opportunities: Many of our senior leaders started out as young engineers in our firm.
• Provide designs for one or more building technology systems (e.g. Information technology systems, Telecommunications systems, Electronic safety and security systems, and Audiovisual systems)
• Produce Needs Assessment reports
• Create construction documents (Drawings and CSI Specifications)
• Fee budget responsibility on assigned projects
• Overall project lifecycle planning
• Project resource management
• Attend and participate in project meetings (local and out-of-town)
• Perform and document site surveys
• Communicate and coordinate technical design solutions with clients, design teams and vendors
• Coordination and integration of building technology systems with other intelligent building systems
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,500 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA
• Possess a four-year degree or equivalent combination of education and related work experience in Information technology systems, Telecommunications systems, Electronic safety and security systems, and AV systems design.
• 6+ years' experience designing high end Information technology systems, Telecommunications systems, Electronic safety and security systems, and Audiovisual systems for the Architectural and Electrical consulting industry.
• Extensive experience in designing Public Address, conference room AV, digital signage, collaboration AV and educational AV systems.
• Strong background in telecommunications design for various types and sizes of projects including outside plant and data center design.
• Possess extensive working knowledge of Video Surveillance, Access Control and Intrusion Detection systems.
• Experience in various types and sizes of projects including high rise commercial office and high end high rise residential, hospitality, transit facilities, educational, data center design and outside plant infrastructure.
• Design of integrated intelligent building systems for Smart Buildings is a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on the ability to organize and present design information to clients.
• AutoCAD and/or Revit experience desired.
• Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software.
• Experience in working directly with clients.
• Industry Certification is a plus although not required (Infocomm CTS-D, BICSI RCDD, Cisco CCNA, ASIS)
WSP|PB offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, disability, and life insurances, 401K plan, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and more. WSP|PB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your resume and cover letter as one document in either PDF or Word format.
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F)/Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation