Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||785657||Employer:||BHP Billiton||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Arizona||City:||Tucson||Address:||Post Date:||16/10/2016 21:04|
BHP Billiton Copper Exploration, part of the world's largest integrated resources company, is moving into an exciting period of sustainable growth and development. With a clear strategy and focus on Copper projects from early stage concept development through to advanced exploration, we now have an opportunity for a Superintendent - Operations to join our team in a role based in Tucson, Arizona, US.
The Superintendent Operations is responsible for the delivery of specialized operations planning, resources, logistics and drilling services in the country, as requested by Superintendent Exploration at all stages of the exploration lifecycle. The role is accountable for the operational elements of all field activities within defined scope, supporting greenfield discovery, against safety, volume and cost objectives. The key responsibilities include:
Operations Planning, Execution and Management
• Develop, approve and execute individual project plans
• Accountable to provide operational field support for Exploration during new opportunities field assessments or data collection and to the Superintendent Exploration for early reconnaissance.
• Field operations execution and day-to-day management of operations
• Accountable for the health and safety outcomes of the operations
• Approve operations-specific HSE-related Management Plans
• Reporting and tracking operational performance against plan
• Verifying competency of operations personnel in safe performance of their duties
Operations Services and Support
• Accountable for delivering world-class drilling performance
• Accountable for the scoping and management of main contractors (camps, drilling, earthworks, ground and airborne geophysics, vehicles, fixed wing and rotary aviation, laboratories, emergency responses, training, communications, etc.)
To be considered for this role you will possess a proven track record in mineral exploration or in a related project management role. Experience operating in the Arctic is preferred but not essential. Preference will be given to candidates with prior team management experience, global exposure and a proven track record of operating safely.
We want team players who have excellent analytical and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task and meet critical deadlines. Advanced level of English required. Spanish is desirable but not essential.
Please note - it is a requirement that all internal BHP Billiton applicants exercise courtesy and advise their immediate manager of their application. This position is eligible for the BHP Billiton Employee Referral Program. Local contract conditions apply to this appointment.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
FEMALES, MINORITIES, VETERANS, DISABLED AND OTHER PROTECTED GROUPS
BHP Billiton has an overriding commitment to safety and environmental responsibility.