the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one great idea at a time. We provide the environment where these ideas thrive and grow into great products or customer experiences.
You will be part of the Product Development Engineering, Aerospace team where it all starts for Bombardier as it sets the stage to take full advantage of its investments and the tremendous growth potential of its new products. The organization is responsible for bringing new aircraft programs to their successful entry-into-service. Currently, these new products are the all-new CSeries commercial aircraft and the high-performance Global 7000/Global 8000 business jets.
In your role, you will:
- Be required to technically integrate the avionics system into the aircraft which will require liaison with the avionics supplier, all IPDT disciplines and with the operators.
- Approve supplier proposals after making sure that the requirements set by BA are met.
- Liaise with Certification Authorities, to plan and test and obtain certification.
- Be required to support all test rig activities related to your designated systems
- Be approving test procedures and supporting the test effort required for certification and for production line afterwards (including DV Modsums, RSIs).
- Be the primary focal for producing the System Design Compliance report and ensuring all artifacts required to support certification are approved
- Produce and/or check all the engineering documentation required for certification including AFM/FCOM revisions, MMEL and installation/wiring drawings.
As our ideal candidate,
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
- You possess a bachelor's degree in engineering (avionics, electrical or aerospace) and you have a minimum of five (5) years of experience as an avionics integrator
- You are familiar with part FAR25 / 525 certification process.
- You have knowledge of Reliability & Maintainability and of avionics equipment qualification.
- You are familiar with a flight test environment.
- Good oral and writing skills in English are required.
- You must possess Microsoft office computer skills.
- You must possess the ability to work with minimum supervision, be a team player and have project organization skills.
- You must also be a person with initiative, strong sense of responsibility and good engineering judgment.
- You must be able to travel if necessary.
- Knowledge of part121 and JAR OPS is an asset
- Familiarity with the BA engineering system, Rockwell Collins Pro-Line Avionics and requirement management software tools are also assets.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at NA
Your ideas move people.