The Outside Plant Designer is a key member of the AUE Telecommunications division whose primary focus is to design Telephony networks for several clients to their standard practices, procedures and processes.|
- Retrieve physical records from customer records or by other database collection systems Complete all necessary field work/data as required to ensure compliance with all CSA/ESA guidelines (i.e. Aerial/Buried and UG structures)
- Review, analyze and interpret these records to provide the most cost effective design as per clients requirements
- Provide detail accounts and record keeping relating to design and project management of existing project
- Monitor existing project as per standard construction methods
- Implement quality control procedures to ensure integrity of documents, electronic Images, and/or records
- Identify improvements in processes, systems, technology and procedures
- Performs other duties as required
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum 3 years experience Telephony Outside Plant Engineering design in copper and fibre networks, structures design.
- Must possess a College diploma or University degree in a technical discipline (such as Civil, Electrical, Surveying) or Field experience in telephony splicing, construction or utility locating services as an alternative to the diploma or degree. New graduates are also welcome to apply.
- Experience of drafting, or drawing in Telephony industry is preferred
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings, splicing sequences, construction as-builts and technical reports
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Experience working with AutoCAD is considered an asset
- Specific software knowledge in Network X would be an asset
- Software knowledge preferred: MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Visio
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to efficiently proof read documents
- Demonstrated effective decision-making skills while under limited supervision
- Must be self-motivated and work well with minimum or no direct supervision
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems and situations, take appropriate action, implement solutions or escalate as required
- Ability to work in a process based environment with high work volumes and transactions Proven ability to plan, organize and execute task objectives required
- Ability to work efficiently in a team environment and collaboratively with other departments and clients
- Strong computer skills required - Hardware & Peripherals, Relational Database, Drafting (AutoCAD) and Mapping (GIS)
Date Req Created
Compensation & Benefits Overview
Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.
Aecon accommodates. Upon request, Aecon accommodates candidates with disabilities throughout the hiring process.