|Job Ref:||204800792||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Horley||Address:||Post Code:||OX15||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum||Post Date:||17/10/2016 03:24|
Gatwick General Delivery Manager |
A leading provider of IT, facilities and corporate real estate infrastructure services for 30 years. Working across a wide range of industries, we help leading global organisations plan, install and manage the systems, infrastructure and connectivity they need for productive workplaces and efficient data centres. We provide a range of intelligent building services and tools, all designed to meet the operational requirements of the most demanding business environments.
Overall Management of all Gatwick Works Delivery, Materials, Plant, Tooling, Resources, Logistics, Training, Quality, Environmental and Health & safety. Daily management of Gatwick works delivery, to ensure the effective delivery of services and works to Internal and External customers.
• Manpower and Delivery
• Management of the Gatwick Delivery Function.
• Input in to Job allocation and distribution of all work packages (including handover for each work package).
• Working with management and departmental heads for works prioritisation (responsible for downstream works priority).
• Job closure and sign off for all work packages.
• Allocating resourcing and all elements of delivery within every quotation.
• Control of all plant and tooling on site.
• Ensuring that resources are available to cover periods of planned or unplanned absence, including the authorisation and refusal of applications for leave across the campus.
• Management of complete labour pool.
• Management and organisation of weekend resources.
• First line of escalation for managers at weekends regarding labour problems.
• Working with development team for resource forecasting for future works.
• Input in to New third party labour suppliers (AIP/ATP).
• Overall responsibility for management of Labour for all installation works.
• Understanding of all third party and internal Labour rates.
• Monitoring and reporting of the performance of all resources.
• Responsible for any suspension or removal of third parties or resources.
• Production and management of all Works Delivery reviews.
Health and safety
• Ensuring that Health & Safety and QA procedures and processes are communicated and enforced.
• Responsibility of the distribution of work within the health & safety team.
• Management and review of all company complaints and incidents before escalation.
• Management of standards and maintaining of accreditations.
• Responsible for the policing of the quality across all Gatwick Campus.
• Responsible for the Management of the Gatwick training program.
• Making recommendations on continuous development of resources through training needs analysis and regular reviews.
• Liaising with Heads of Departments, and other GAL colleagues regarding training requirements.
• Ensuring that new work practices and procedures are communicated and enforced.
• Attending review meetings when required.
• Providing information and reports to colleagues when required.
• Responsible for the GAL internal Post Works reviews.
• Carrying out GAL Departmental reviews as required.
• Responsible for the GAL satisfaction surveys.
• Management of all GAL manufacturer accreditations.
• Provide tender and quotation support to the GAL Management teams.
• Ownership of Logistics management (including vehicles).
• 3 years + experience in a similar role.
• 5 years of solid references (no more than a two-week gap).
• Proven management skills.
• Airport Experience
• Understanding of moves add and changes.
• Knowledge of client support sites and delivery IP systems and cabling products.
• Excellent knowledge of the tendering process and can assist in responding to competitive tenders.
• Good awareness of Health & Safety standards and QA issues and processes.
• Ability to prioritise and delegate.
• Ability and willingness to travel between Gatwick offices / sites
• Knowledge of the IT and/or telecoms industry with experience in a similar role.
• IT Literate, proficient MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills.
• Team player with excellent inter-personal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Excellent time management and organisational skills with high attention to detail.
• Self-motivated and proactive, able to work on own initiative