|Job Ref:||204800684||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Commutable from Northamptonshire||Address:||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum + 25 days + matched pension + h/care||Post Date:||17/10/2016 04:10|
Senior Design Engineer / Drawing Office Manager|
* £30,000 - £35,000
* 25 days leave + 8 Bank Holidays
* 39-hour week - 8am-4:30pm Mon-Thur and 3:30pm finish on Fridays
* Phone + laptop
* 3% matched pension
* You will join this business under the title of Engineering Manager
Location: Commutable from Northamptonshire, Market Harborough, Oakham, Corby, Stamford, Kettering
This multi-million pound business in experiencing astronomical growth and they have already outstripped their 2016 budget by +£4 million, all of which has come from organic sales.
Overall this business has organically grown by a staggering £9 million over the past 7 years, which is testament to their product portfolio and outstanding relationships with blue chip clients around the world.
The business designs, manufactures, installs and commissions large metal fabricated mechanical systems and provide turnkey solutions, all designed and manufactured in-house by a dedicated team of specialist Engineers.
As a result of recent growth, my client is looking to recruit a Senior Design Engineer / Drawing Office Manager, who is looking for a step up into an Engineering Managers role where you play an integral part in the overall running of the Drawing Office.
Senior Design Engineer / Drawing Office Manager:
* 30% management where you will lead the Design Team.
* You will take a lead role and to manage the Engineering Design Department.
* Manage a team of Mechanical Design Engineers and to lead all design reviews.
* Schedule work, check & signoff drawings and mentor Design Engineers.
* Provide training and lead weekly design meetings.
* You will delegate task, guide Design Engineers and prioritise all design work.
* 70% of your time will be spent designing mechanical systems.
* You will produce 3D models, detailed 3D drawings and produce 2D fabrication, assembly and part drawings.
* Produce layouts & detailed designs of mechanical systems and to carry out basic engineering calculations.
* Create a specification of all items and equipment layout schedules (Bill of Materials).
* You will also be heavily involved in NPI (new product introductions) and NPD (new product development).
* Documentation control for all designs.
Experience and background:
* Senior Design Engineer or a Drawing Office Manager.
* Experienced using a 3D design package such as AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor or SolidWorks.
* You must demonstrate the experience of supervising or managing a team of Design Engineers.
* Demonstrate a track record in designing mechanical systems where products are fabricated out of metal.
* Ideally possess a Mechanical Engineering Degree.
You will be working for a multi-million pound manufacturing business that is backed by a larger parent company generating in excess of half billion pounds' annual sales. Aside the phenomenal growth my client has received, you will have the added benefit of growing the team further and also benefit from working for a financially secure & stale business that is a market leader within their respective market.
How to Apply:
Please click "apply" or for further information, please contact Ajay Bhella at ATA Recruitment in Leicester on (Apply online only) or alternatively, please email me an up to date copy of your CV to
ATA Recruitment specialise in technical & engineering positions therefore, if this particular role is not for you, please do have a look on our website for further potential opportunities which may suit your skills and experience better - If you have the skill, we have the recruitment knowledge and together we can find you your perfect job -
You must be eligible to live and work within the UK. Sponsorship is not provided