|Job Ref:||204800658||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Warwick||Address:||Salary:||£40000/annum||Post Date:||17/10/2016 04:10|
Resident Engineer - Automotive - Gaydon - £40,000|
Increase business opportunities and be the eyes and ears at the customer
25 days holiday
Contributory pension scheme
Early Friday finish
I think that the Resident engineer role for this 1st tier supplier, based on site at Gaydon, is an excellent opportunity to make a genuine impact on current and future business, leading to career progression.
I have recruited for this organisation previously and have seen:
* Employees mentored and developed
* Numerous new business wins
* Massive investment in people, systems and equipment
The Commercial Manager at our client said:
"This is a great company to gain reel exposure to our customer, to impact future business and help strengthen the bond between our companies"
Purpose of Resident Engineer role:
Act as the primary engineering representative, focusing on the development of the component, within JLR products
Day to day responsibilities
* Support JLR with engineering issues related to the product
* Act as the 1st line of contact for engineering related issues
* Work with the design team to develop engineering solutions
* Attend design meetings
* Help field engineering change requests
* Identify commercial opportunities within the client.
* Lead and support customer reviews
* Communicate with engineering and manufacturing teams at plant level to assist in development of the product
* Support R&D
Essential skills, experience and qualifications
* Customer facing experience with automotive OEM - preferably JLR
* Design experience with CATIA
* Experience of BIW and manufacturing techniques such as Bending, Assembly, tooling and welding
* A strong communication style with a proven ability to follow up with customer.
* Automotive 1st tier experience.
This role would suit an design / project engineer wanting a more commercial role or indeed and existing resident engineer.
We are actively recruiting for this position, If you feel you have the relevant experience then please apply now or contact us to discuss the role further.
We look forward to receiving your application