|Job Ref:||2016-12482||Employer:||Golder Associates||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||Canada||County/State:||Ontario||City:||Mississauga||Address:||Post Date:||17/10/2016 05:01|
Regional Controller - North America|
Job ID: 2016-12482
Area of Interest: EN - Finance and Accounting
Job Type: Full Time
# of Positions: 1
Education (Minimum): Bachelors Degree
Posted Date: 10/16/2016
Experience (Years): 10
Golder Associates is an industry leading professional services firm specializing ground engineering and environmental sciences working globally. From advisory consulting through detailed design and construction management, Golder provides solutions in our areas of specialization. A critical member of the North American Management Team is the Regional Controller - North America.
The Regional Controller - North America will support the President of the Americas Region regarding financial reporting, planning, budgeting, forecasting, and strategic initiatives. In this role you will be responsible for all financial reporting and corporate tax compliance related to legal entities within the Americas Region. You will also support the global finance team in coordinating, planning and executing various global initiatives, as well as, build a strong finance organization to support the region and the global company.
Duties may also include:
* Coordinate financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting for the region
* Monthly financial reporting to the operations and the global finance team
* Ensure compliance with accounting and corporate tax regulations (US and Canadian corporate tax)
* Maintain adequate system of internal controls
* Manage cash flow
* Build a strong, efficient, and cohesive finance team
* Support the President, Chief Operating Officer, and other members of the Leadership team in the coordination and planning of mergers and acquisitions and other strategic initiatives
* Key member of the global finance team actively supporting and executing various global initiatives
* Performs all other special activities, duties and responsibilities as assigned by the President, CFO or Global Controller.
Our ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
* Bachelor's or Master's degree from an accredited curriculum in finance or accounting;
* CA/CPA or equivalent;
* Ten or more years of relevant experience including five in a similar level of responsibility;
* Strong working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, ideally IFRS;
* Strong working knowledge of US and Canadian corporate tax
* Strong working knowledge of accounting for engineering consulting firms as well as finance and information systems that support this industry,
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, and
* Willingness to travel globally if required.
Our Staff Benefit from:
* An option to purchase shares in Golder Associates
* Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth
* Employee mentoring program
* Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
At Golder Associates, we strive to be the most respected global group specializing in ground engineering and environmental services. Employee-owned since our formation in 1960, we have created a unique culture with pride in ownership, resulting in long-term organizational stability. Our professionals take the time to build an understanding of our clients' needs and of the specific environments in which they operate. Golder has experienced steady growth in the number of people we employ and our technical capabilities. We now employ over 6500 people who operate from more than 160 offices across Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America and South America.