Associate - San Francisco, CA|
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, an award-winning and innovative multi-disciplinary engineering consulting firm has an opening for an Associate in the Electrical Department for our San Francisco office. WSP works closely with architects and owners from around the world on large, complex projects with a focus on sustainability and energy performance of the built environment.
About the Job
Our Engineers work on high quality, high-profile, national and international projects. You will actively participate in the full project cycle, from the design phase through the final construction close-out. WSP offers excellent growth opportunities: Many of our senior leaders started out as young engineers in our firm.
You will be expected to lead the electrical design on a variety of project types, and lead larger multi-discipline teams as the project manager, directly interfacing with the client. As a project manager, you will regularly meet with clients, organize in-house resources, develop project proposals and budgets, mentor junior staff, prepare technical reports/specifications, and contribute to the overall business development of the company.
• Service utility coordination
• Low voltage infrastructure
• Emergency power systems
• Coordination with city and state permitting agencies
• Construction administration
WSP and Parsons Brinckerhoff have combined and are now one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. Together we provide services to transform the built environment and restore the natural environment, and our expertise ranges from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, and from developing the energy sources of the future to enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. We have approximately 31,500 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, and various environmental experts. We are based in more than 500 offices across 39 countries worldwide. NA NA
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
• 10+ years' experience designing electrical systems for the built environment. Project experience submitted for consideration should include buildings on which you have actively participated in the project from the design phase through the final construction close-out.
• Strong working knowledge of building and energy codes
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on the ability to organize and present design information to clients.
• Special consideration will be given to those candidates who have successfully demonstrated innovative design experience specifically related to renewable energies and sustainable, high performing buildings.
• PE is required; LEED AP is preferred
• Working knowledge of Revit
WSP|PB offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, disability, and life insurances, 401K plan, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and more. WSP|PB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please visit our website at NA for more information.
WSP|PB uses E-verify by the USCIS to verify that new hires are authorized to work in the United States
Please submit your resume and cover letter as one document in either PDF or Word format.