A leading multi-disciplinary consultancy, our client works across energy, transport, planning, water, waste, design and environmental consultancy.
On their behalf, we are seeking a suitable individual to take charge of the management and delivery of our office administration function to ensure their effective support to the water business in Scotland. It may well include the provision of support to the Senior Management team.
- Co-ordination of the day to day management and maintenance of the Ratho office;
- Manage and undertake administration duties relating to Accounting & Invoicing, personnel, driver management, management of new starts/leavers & equipment orders, IT requests, staff timesheets and expenses.
- Line management responsibilities for the Office Administrator;
- Identifying, standardising and improving ways of working across the function;
- Responsibility for office reception, switchboard and mailroom functions;
- Ensure compliance with processes and procedures;
- Lead on monthly client invoicing process;
- Management of training database and arrange training courses;
- Manage staff induction process;
- Provide support to Senior Management staff to include diary management, facilitating meetings and the preparation of reports and presentations.
We seek individuals with the following skills and attributes:
- Relevant Business Administration and/or IT qualification;
- Substantial experience and understanding of the business administration activities;
- Sound knowledge of the basics of accounting;
- Excellent IT skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Understanding of the company business and activities within the UK Water Industry;
- Clear and fluent communication skills in English, both written and oral;
- Adherence to deadlines;
- Quality, timely and accurate throughput of work, with attention to detail;
- Confidentiality at all times;
- Ability to work as part of a team at all levels within the organisation;
- Ability to lead, motivate and coach staff.
- Have an understanding of team dynamics;
- Proactive approach to change, efficiency and best practise;
- Confident, mature, positive and professional outlook.
- The ability to use their own initiative to solve problems and should be willing to lead and embrace new skills and technology.
The possession of a full UK driving licence is essential.
In addition to a competitive salary, benefits include 24 days holiday, contributory pension, sharesave scheme etc.
Apply online or call Steve Halliday at Edge Careers to discuss further.
To be considered, you must have full rights to work in the UK without the need for sponsorship.