Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
My leading aerospace manufacturer based in the Northamptonshire area are looking to recruit a couple of Mechanical Design Engineers to join their growing organisation.
As Mechanical Design Engineer, you will work on new and existing products, producing design schemes and detailed drawings that meet company, regulatory and customer requirements.
You will be qualified to a HNC level or equivalent in a mechanical engineering field, with a strong mechanical design background. You will ideally have a background in product design, particularly in automotive or tooling. You will have a solid understanding of both composites and plastics, with good knowledge of mechanical structures. Experience of FME and clash detection is also desirable.
- Responsible for the design and detail modeling of a variety of suite components in order to meet the programme requirements
- Produce designs to meet specified cost and weight targets
- Communicate effectively and professionally with customers and suppliers
- Participate in Design Reviews throughout each phase of the New Product Introduction process
- Responsible for the selection and application of materials and processes appropriate to each design element
- Ensure the successful integration of each design element within the product as a whole
- Follow and contribute to the development of the Best Practice guidelines
- Check engineering packages
- Participate in the validation of the product (using such methods as prototyping, test, DFMEA)