The 3rd shift NOC Operator will monitor Synacor's systems and be responsible for troubleshooting and fixing problems with supervision, and escalating issues to the appropriate teams when necessary. The ideal candidate will be provided with opportunities to expand their knowledge and experience while providing support to members of the other Operations groups to this end. The hours for this role will be from 10pm - 8am either Sunday - Thursday or Wednesday - Sunday.
- Monitor ticket tracking system for newly assigned tasks
- Monitor and report on all of Synacor's networks, systems and applications in a 24x7 World Class NOC, while working expeditiously to limit impact to our customers and tracking the health of our SLA's
- Monitor portal health via third party tools (Keynote)
- Monitor backups and restore files on request (BackupPC)
- Monitor systems health via nagios and cacti (Synformer)
- Process and track all inbound NOC related requests from internal and external customers, vendors and service providers.
- Act as primary point of contact for outages and escalations and assign Incident Managers for emergent issues.
- Track all system effecting events for Synacor, it's Client and Vendors, then communicate those events to appropriate internal and external contacts.
- Troubleshoot system and network problems with supervision.
- Provide Tier 1 level troubleshooting, problem analysis and isolation of network events.
- Provide general support to members of the operations groups.
- Assist the Network Engineering, IT, and Systems departments with install and configurations of devices and software as needed.
- Become knowledgeable and proficient of value-added services transitioned from Synacor Operations teams.
- Able to support a 24x7x365 staffing model which includes weekends and holidays
- Effectively and efficiently communicate status of critical events and change management requests to internal and external customers from inception through resolution via Notifications
- Implement and follow all policies and procedures for monitoring, testing product availability, how problems are identified and incident management.
- Consistent maintenance of all documentation for policies and procedures.
- Ensure accuracy for all daily and weekly reports for Operations and proactively identify trends. Initiate corrective action by opening tickets in the queue of the appropriate teams.
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement and offer/create viable recommendations/options.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in Computer Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with Linux/Unix operating systems.
- Experience working at a Help Desk, Technical Call Center, NOC or equivalent environment.
- Experience working with NOC tools, network management systems, escalation procedures, and other monitoring applications a plus.
- Ability to communicate clearly in verbal and written form.
- Troubleshooting experience with networks, systems, and applications in a large scale production environment with a keen analytical and structured approach to problem solving.
- Strong organizational skills, high level of attention to details and ability to multi-task, while managing competing priorities.
- Ability to work holidays and weekends, depending on assigned shift.