the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
You will be part of the Product Development Engineering, Aerospace team where it all starts for Bombardier as it sets the stage to take full advantage of its investments and the tremendous growth potential of its new products. The organization is responsible for bringing new aircraft programs to their successful entry-into-service. Currently, these new products are the all-new CSeries commercial aircraft and the high-performance Global 7000/Global 8000 business jets.
In your role, you will:
- Partner with development team to design, develop, implement and support web based applications and tools.
- Follow approved life cycle methodologies.
- Create design documents and perform program coding and testing.
- Resolve technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation.
- Be familiar with IT concepts, practices, and procedures as they relate to the software engineering environment for design, development and testing of software to support data collection and processing.
As our ideal candidate,
Bombardier is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other personal characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.
- You must have typically 0-2 years of experience in software engineering
- You must be working towards a BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a closely related field
- You must have basic knowledge and experience with software engineering and related platform technologies (e.g., C, C , C#, Perl, Python)
- You must have basic knowledge of software change management, including versioning systems (e.g., GIT, SVN)
- You must have basic knowledge of an operating system environment (e.g., Unix, Linux, Windows Server)
- You must have basic knowledge of relational databases (E.g., MySQL, MariaDB, Oracle)
- You must have basic knowledge of at least one low level language (e.g., C)
- You must have problem-solving skills necessary to troubleshoot and repair application problems and design issues
- You must have interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, other business areas, and vendors
- You must have good verbal and written communication skills
- You must be able to work under General Supervision
- You must be authorized to work in the U.S.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.