Bombardier Transportation is a global engineering company that's shaping the evolution of mobility. We have a rich heritage behind us, but it's our innovative approach that puts us at the forefront of our industry. At the heart of everything are our employees and our suppliers, with whom mobility truly begins. |
On behalf of our customers we are responsible within Services Execution for the maintenance and safe delivery of trains into service on a daily basis from our Fleet Maintenance Depots. Integral to the success of our Business in defining the correct strategy, and working with all parts of the Supporting Functions to ensure the smooth running of our Fleet Maintenance Depots. We are also working closely with our customers to reduce costs to maximise the train life cycle through remote based monitoring.
We are currently looking to recruit a Project Material Controller (m/f) based in Ealing Common depot -London, United Kingdom.
This role is tasked to monitor and control the Bombardier Transportation material management obligations on the customer's site(s) in order to create a smooth and traceable flow of material & delivery information, a secure environment for material control. He/she will collaborate with internal and external parties to ensure materials are consistently available to the customer when requested. The Materials Controller is responsible for carrying out materials audits and record keeping in accordance with the internal guidelines.
- Manage all material information using SAP.
- Monitor material stock levels and ensure adequate action is taken by the project team to deliver material replenishment, while monitoring the actual consumption of materials against planned
- Responsible for verification of stock issues.
- Provide material delivery schedule information to the customer through WEST System on a weekly basis.
- Inspect delivery information and documentation accompanying all deliveries to ensure compliance to our purchase order and supplier certificate of conformity document.
- Create and maintain material performance indicators that record Unsatisfied Materials Demand (UMD).
- Manage the repair and replacement process for quarantined and/or damaged materials in a controlled and traceable manner.
- Create and maintain on-site, a concise and organized Tools Calibration database that clearly manifests equipment requiring calibration and process status.
- Provide material usage/movement information on a daily basis to enable SAP update and material replenishment.
- Create and maintain on-site, a concise and organised delivery documentation filling system and supplier lists.
- Monitor and ensure the customer complies with storage manual guidance. Where guidance is not followed by the customer, inform the customer and the project team.
- Support the customer to carry out stock audits and notify the project team of results.
- Ensures that updated information and actions are fed into the project team such as SCM risks and opportunities, Code 30 , TAC etc.
Posting date: 26.08.2016 Closing date: 26.09.2016
- University degree or equivalent through experience, ideally in Logistics management
- Working experience in logistics or stock management
- Experience and understanding of negotiation techniques and contract terms and condition
- Excellent problem solving and customer orientation skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work well both with other and individually.
- Knowledge of SAP and Six Sigma/Lean - advantage
- Availability to travel and work on different depot locations, if needed
- IT literate
- Fluent in English.
Competitive salary range
Number of working hours: 37
Your ideas move people.