the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Bombardier Business Aircraft's Wichita Service Center is located at the original Learjet manufacturing site in the Air Capital of the World. Its dedicated staff of nearly 250 is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, as well as interior modifications, avionics installations, paint and provide Aircraft on Ground (AOG) support for Bombardier Learjet , Challenger and Global aircraft. In April 2015, the facility expanded with an addition of 38,000 square feet of hangar space, bringing its total square footage to 113,000 and enabling the facility to service more aircraft, including Global aircraft.
In your role, you will:
- Perform maintenance on customer aircraft in accordance with applicable technical data and FAA/JAA regulations
- Perform inspection, make adjustment and repair, replace components, and correct any malfunction or deficiency with and without power applied to the aircraft
- Access and re-install aircraft components, which obstruct the performance of assigned tasks
- Perform basic mechanical and electrical removals and installations
- Document work performed per Inspection Procedures Manual (IPM)
- Perform engine removal and installation
- Perform structural modifications or repairs
- Troubleshoot and perform repairs on components detached from the aircraft, for example, flaps, ailerons, elevators, rudders, doors, and leading edges
- Assist with fueling/defueling aircraft as required
- Perform other tasks, for example, cleaning aircraft using approved materials, methods, and equipment, and loads and secures ballast and/or freight as required
- Assist Aircraft Engine Technicians and Electronic/Avionics Technicians in troubleshooting and repairing aircraft
- Assist with complex repairs at on-site and off-site locations
- Support aircraft manufacturing of prototype and flight test aircraft at off-site locations
- Support production aircraft under Production Certificate System
- May perform Designated Inspector (DI) function as qualified by QA
- Troubleshoot aircraft for problems during routine inspections
- Assist with troubleshooting and repairing interior and/or mechanical and electrical components per applicable flight test procedures during test flights
- Fabricate and assemble aircraft parts per engineering specifications
- Operate ground support equipment (GSE), for example, tugs, jacks, nitrogen and oxygen servicing
- Work on aircraft as well as in shops
- Assist other employees in the performance of their duties within area(s) of qualification
As our ideal candidate,
Bombardier is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other personal characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.
- You will have typically 2 years general aircraft experience which must include a minimum of 1 year of experience on jet aircraft
- You will have an A&P license
- You will have the ability to read and interpret engineering documents, maintenance manuals and repair manuals
- You will have the ability to read, write, and understand the English language
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.