The primary responsibility of this position is to manage all aspects of financial controls, analysis and reporting for Tyco’s Life Safety Products (LSP) Detcon (Houston, TX.) facility. LSP-Detcon is a business that manufacturers Fixed Gas Detection equipment for Industrial and Petrochemical Oil and Gas markets, around the world. The Detcon Controller will initially manage 1 direct report. |
Reporting to LSP’s Business Controller, at its Monroe, NC facility, the Detcon Controller will be responsible for...
- Partnering with Detcon operations manager to serve as senior site leads for the Detcon manufacturing location.
- Planning and leading the annual site physical inventory exercise.
- Planning and leading the annual inventory revaluation and standards roll exercise.
- Financial analysis of trends, actuals vs. budget and forecast.
- Fixed asset tracking, management and monthly reporting.
- Weekly site payroll reporting.
- Monthly site P/L and balance sheet forecasting.
- Annual site budget (P/L and balance sheet).
- Ensure safeguarding of company assets through proper Segregation of Duties (SOD) and Financial controls.
- Support all Tyco enterprise financial projects and requests for data.
- Audit support.
- Key leader in transitioning a former private company to a public company (controls, policies, SOX compliance, etc.).
- Degree in Finance or Accounting. MBA or CPA preferred.
- Experience working in a global multi-national corporation preferred.
- Prior experience & working knowledge in Hyperion (HFM/Essbase) preferred.
- Experience in manufacturing accounting preferred.
- Prior experience with integrated ERP system.
- Strong working knowledge of all MS Office applications, with emphasis on Excel (spreadsheets & graphs) and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a "team first" mindset.
- Ability to work under pressure & deadlines to prioritize work effectively
- Ability to plan ahead and break complex tasks into clear deliverables
Required Education / Experience
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required. CPA and/or MBA preferred.
3-5 years experience as a Controller or senior level cost accounting work within a manufacturing company.