This position is responsible for the advanced senior-level storage administration of enterprise class Storage Area Network (SAN), and Network Attached (NAS) environments, as well as the administration of vSphere VM services throughout the enterprise. Management, configure and maintain system components on infrastructure services. |
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (Product Managers, Architects, Service Managers, Project Managers ) to gather and develop requirements for Enterprise Storage Area Network (SAN), Network Attached Storage (NAS), and Data Retention/Back-up systems
- Planning, architecture designing, and engineering for the SAN, NAS, and Data Protection systems
- Configure, maintain and support VMware ESXi 5.5 and 6.0 environments
- Acts as an expert source of technology and application knowledge within their domain
- Maintain structure and underlining architecture & hardware of storage file shares and backups
- Provide Subject-Matter-Expert (SME) technical leadership for HP Server, VMware and Cisco systems
- Operational management of HP blade servers and SAN, focusing on reliability, availability and serviceability
- Implement server health tools and utilities for management, monitoring and alerting
- Interacts with vendors through program implementation and maintenance
- Fulfill ITIL processes such as Incident, change, and problem management
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced and evolving environment
- Passion for providing outstanding support of inbound incidents
Required Knowledge & Skills
- 3-5 years of Storage Area Network (SAN) Design experience with EMC VMAX, IBM XIV, and V9000, and Hitachi Storage Arrays. Also design & Implementation experience with Cisco MDS SAN switches/Architecture, SRDF Replication, and Host connectivity
- 3+ years of large scale enterprise VMware platform experiences in data center environment
- Experience with hypervisors such as VMware ESXi, Citrix XenServer, KVM
- Knowledge of HDS/IBM/EMC/Cisco/Brocade/Commvault/Netbackup
- Experience managing administering servers, backup operations, and systems monitoring in multiple and complex network/server environments
- Knowledge of virtual desktop deployments
- Administer servers including Domain Controllers, File, DHCP, DNS, Print, Application
- Hands-on experience in Zoning and building LUN's, etc.
- Network Attached Storage (NAS) experience with NetApp and HP 3PAR
- Hands-on experience with EMC, Hitachi, and/or IBM storage arrays and respective storage management systems
- B.S. Degree in Engineering/Science or equivalent certification
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with a scientific approach to problem investigation and resolution including in-depth root cause analysis
Compensation & Benefits Overview
Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.
Aecon accommodates. Upon request, Aecon accommodates candidates with disabilities throughout the hiring process.