As an experienced HR professional you will pull on your change management experience to partner with and support senior leadership team for the London Boroughs contract, ensuring that the transformation programme is completed within agreed time frames. You will also add value by introducing new approaches, overseeing mobilisations and performance improvement.
This position will also require you to;
Apply best practice HR solutions that meet the business needs.
- Provide proactive, professional direction and support
- Act as a commercially aware, focused, business minded HR Partner
- Deliver a value added HR service to the business
What makes this role unique?
You will collaborate with, and manage support from the HR Team, acting as client manager for their activities and giving performance feedback.
What will this role involve?
- Partner and support the Management Team for the contract by:
- Ensuring all managers are allocated correct job title/description and understand their responsibilities as a people manager with clear objectives and are fully trained
- Ensuring the following is happening:
- Managers are doing monthly briefings on Amey wide news and people related items e.g. Amey Olympics, EAP, PDP, Talent tracker, surveys
- Sickness absence trends are monitored and action taken by managers
- Following up employee surveys with engagement action plans that are tracked and communicated
- PDPs are completed promptly
- L&D is provided to the account so that individuals have the skills required
- Managers are driving appropriate action plans for under performing employees
- Monitoring exits from the account to identify issue areas
- Overseeing projects relevant to contract(s) e.g. mobilisations in or out, downsizing, office moves
- Advise on exceptional reward/promotion cases if needed
- Partner and support the Management Teams across the business by:
- Contributing to policy development for a specialist HR function
- Providing an escalation point for complex queries from HR
- Focusing resources (people, process, technology, site) to deliver a range of services for business/HR customers against defined and agreed targets and goals (SLA/KPIâ€™s)
- Driving continual process improvement by:
- migrating processes in and out
- tracking HR activity and customer satisfaction
- monitoring performance (cost, responsiveness, accuracy, timeliness) against agreed process performance targets
- Support Head of HR / HRD in working with managers or providing specialist support to identify future OD and workforce requirements for proactive manpower planning, succession planning and targeted recruitment
- Support Head of HR / HRD to lead people aspects of mobilisations and demobilisations
Manage budgets, investment allocation and compliance as required
What are we looking for?
- Commercial thinker with strong business acumen
- Computer literate- Microsoft Office and general systems knowledge
- Proven generalist / specialist HR experience
- Extensive change management experience
- Experience working with and supporting the turning around of under preforming accounts
- Ideally you will have a facilities management background although this is not essential
- CIPD qualification is desirable but not essential
- Customer Focus
- Managing and Developing Others
- Environmental awareness Tool Box talk
- IOSH working safely is desirable but not essential