Carpenter & Joiner
To carry out joinery work within but not exclusively in the joinery workshop in an operational prison environment.
What makes this role unique?
You will carry out this maintenance role in a demanding reactive operational environment supporting prison staff.
What will this role involve?
- Carry out joinery work, examples of work include making stairs, doors, windows, signposts, formwork and other bespoke timber items Measure and quote for works
- Order materials
- Maintain stock of Building Maintenance material
- Fit out company vehicles for other departments
- Organise and plan your daily work with the supervisor, to record and submit all details of work carried out on relevant works orders
- Drive a vehicle if necessary in connection with work
- Carry out daily vehicle checks and complete associated paperwork
- Responsible for joinery workshop - maintenance of machines, statutory inspections, housekeeping and cleanliness
- Participate in the Serviceâ€™s out of hours emergency standby rota when the need arises and if necessary due to contractual or staff circumstances
- Complete statutory records as required
- Provide technical advice where required
- Carry out any other duties as requested
- Act at all times in a manner designed to improve the service and thereby foster good customer and public relations
What are we looking for?
- You may be required to carry out a disclosure with the Disclosure and Barring Service
- Able to act at all times in a manner designed to improve the service and thereby foster good customer and public relations
- An awareness the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the duties which it places on an employee
- Emergence first aid at work (HSE)
- Environmental awareness Tool Box talk
- IOSH working safely
- Manual tool handling
- Ladder use
- Relevant security clearance will need to be obtained if successful.