|Job Ref:||018807||Employer:||Hitachi||Country:||India||City:||Pune||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 00:05|
• This is a hands-on highly technical management role responsible for the leadership of a test team in Pune. The test engineers are matrixed to the development teams, he ideal candidate must have experience leading a matrixed team.
• This candidate will be responsible for running test effort in Pune, India with our outsourcing partners.
• This individual will be responsible for reporting back to management all test activities done in India.
• The ideal candidate will also have experience with the following:
o hands on leader who will work with team to mentor, guide them to ensure effective execution
o knowledge of HDS storage arrays and management protocols (desired)
o knowledge of configuring data protection products and its storage implications
o test processes, config mgmt, test mgmt, test automation and infrastructure development
o Participate in developing quality standards for company products
o Development and execution of software test plans and the analysis of test results involving more than one test team in an Agile development environment
o Technical consulting on automation issues, frameworks, tools and processes. Requires hands on experience with Java and/or a technical scripting language
o Participate in developing metrics that convey the state of product quality and reporting on those metrics
o Selecting, developing and evaluating personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the test team
o Developing technical leaders and reporting back to management of all the QA activities.
o Full HR responsibility for direct reports
• This individual will manage Agile QA Engineers responsible for the following activities:
o Writing, analyzing & executing test cases
o Maintaining documentation of test results
o Analyzing test results to ensure functionality performs as designed and recommending corrective action in the cases where it doesn't
o Test reporting
o Automating test cases
o Regression & integration testing for enterprise level data protection products from Application support perspective
o Bug recoding and bug tracking using HDS internal JIRA product
Skills and Experience Necessary for the Role:
o EDUCATION: B.E./NA or equivalent.
o EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 10 years related QA Engineering and development experience. Minimum 2-3 years prior management/supervisory experience.
o Experience working and coordinating global resources from India with US companies
o Experience working on an Agile development team and a thorough understanding of Agile development principals required. Hands on experience using automation tools required.
o Experience developing automation frameworks using TestNG or Java desired.
o Excellent communication skills, written and verbal; ability to lead and direct multiple projects simultaneously; ability to delegate work to subordinate employees; proven leadership ability.
• Self-starter, self-motivated.
• Capable of taking responsibility for tasks and ensuring a successful outcome.
• Able to contribute to the work of a team while being motivated to work day to day on individual collective group tasks.