Hourly Rate Bands £9.01 - £9.50 Salaried/Hourly-Paid Hourly-Paid |
We are currently recruiting for a Chef to assist in operating a kitchen on a day-to-day basis for the provision of an efficient service. Based in Southampton SO50.
Required to work 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, between 7am to 2pm, Term Time Only.
- Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people you may come into contact with.
- Assist in the preparation and cooking of foods in compliance with set cooking methods, recipes and menus.
- Operate catering equipment and machinery as required after appropriate training.
- Assist with the Food Service Counter and ensure the counter is attractive with a good selection of meals/sweets/beverages.
- Undertake, and to be instructed in bookwork/accounting procedures in order to work in a high grade to cover for sickness and other absence when necessary.
- Assist in the preparation and clearing of the service and dining areas as required.
- Assist in the washing up of dishes, utensils, equipment and kitchen premises as required.
- Carry out the duty of collecting, checking and accounting for cash, tickets, vouchers, cheques as appropriate, which have been received through a cash register or from the vending machines following detailed instructions (when required).
- Reconcile takings and floats at the end of each service period (when required).
- Be responsible for the keeping of banking records (when required).
- Be fully knowledgeable of the pricing structure for food and beverages.
- Maintain Eden Foodservice standards of cleanliness, hygiene and safety in the kitchen and associated areas including the dining and service areas.
- Maintain the highest standard of personal hygiene in order to meet company regulations and standards.
- To carry out all duties in a safe and hygienic manner as laid down by instruction issued or added to from time to time by the Eden Management in the interests of Health & Safety and the Environment.
- To carry out the duty to enable a swift and pleasant service to the customer ensuring that the service is delivered without disruption to the daily school function.
- Wear the uniform provided in the correct manner and to arrive on duty in the work area properly attired at all times.
- Cover key elements of Unit Manager role as required.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as designated by the Unit Manager.
- Support other sites as and when required.
- Liaise with and support school staff as required.
What we are looking for
- Appropriate vocational qualifications
- Strong Craft Skills
- Basic hygiene qualification
- Catering production for larger organisations
- Experience working in a Hospital environment
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Problem Solver
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about delivering quality services
- Calm manner, capable of working under pressure
- Flexible approach to work as role may involve unsociable hours
- Good health as some heavy lifting may be involved Flexible
- Good standard of personal hygiene
- Previous experience in a similar role would be desirable
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.6 billion and a workforce of over 80,000 people worldwide.