Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
The is a role working across three relatively new sites in West Yorkshire on a PFI account working 12 hours shifts; nights and days with four rest days. The successful candidate will hold the relevant qualifications to work electrical systems and installations up to 415V and ideally have a working knowledge of mechanical building services and systems. The electrical building systems include LV distribution systems, under floor power, general lighting, electronic security and access control systems, CCTV, UPS systems and large generator systems.
The post includes the responsibility for the completion of planned operational maintenance tasks and also the reactive works which arise through the normal operation of a large office type building. At times support with minor new works will be required. The person will be proactive and report into the site Facilities Manager and will also be aligned with the Interserve QSHE policies, procedures and guidance. IT will also be necessary at times to assist other memeber of the team in completing building fabric tasks normal within a building services roll.
- This job description is not exhaustive and other duties and responsibilities of a similar level and nature may be required from time to time.
- Will have specific knowledge in electrical building services which are considered normal for a building office location i.e. LV electrical distribution, emergency UPS and generation systems, power distribution and electronic access, CCTV and secuirty systems.
- Have an excellent understand of the planned maintenance requirements of electric distribution systems and a working understanding of mechanical plant operation i.e. air handling units, small to medium size heating circulation pumps etc.
- Will be expected to have acquired elements of other skills which will enable them to work flexibly across trades and also support handyman type activities.
- They will operate as part of an effective Professional Maintenance team. The post holder will have drive and enthusiasm, be self motivated and be expected to work on their own initiative and also work as part of at team.
- The post holder will be required to participate in a 24/7 365 day shift pattern consisting of 12 hour shifts night and days with four rest days. Overtime will be available to cover holidays and sickness for other team members.
- To perform any maintenance task and other associated tasks on any part of the site as may be required and shall include any of the under mentioned tasks.
- Carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance, service, test, diagnose, repair of all electrical and mechanical installations, plant and equipment.
- React to breakdown maintenance requests.
- Carry out isolations for specialist maintenance sub-contractors.
- To carry out minor new works where directed.
- Support the winter weather clearance requirements.
- Work safely and in accordance with company Health and Safety procedures.
- Supporting the contingency plans for the service delivery.
Help maintain accurate maintenance records and plant history.
- Deal with new situations as they arise.
- Pass on working knowledge as required.
- Undertake training as required.
- Be aware of the business continuity plan for the part of the business you work in.
- To provide support when needed to the onsite Caretaker and Cleaning Teams.
What we are looking for
- 17th Edition Electrical qualification.
- Experience of electrical installation and systems.
- Be confident to work and understand the requirement of working safely within a team environment
- Hold a level of certification to enable planned and reactive work to be completed on LV electrical systems normal within a large office building.
- Experience preferably in a similar Facilities Management / Building Services back ground
- The post holder will have an obligation to undertake where necessary training to ensure the level of competency is up held
- Full UK driving licence
- Ability to be an effective Team Player within the team
- IT skills relevant to the position as work orders are to be issued using PDA's and or Windows based software.
- Completion of a recognised mechanical qualification or demonstrable knowledge of mechanical building services installation and systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate and communicate to all the appropriate levels within the Business and Client across all disciplines.
- Flexible with the ability to work under pressure whilst looking for continual improvements to service delivery.
- Capable of working on own initiative and without supervision.
- To be fully aware of and adhere to relevant Interserve QSHE policies and procedures.
- Capable of providing a proactive service to improve our service delivery at all times.
- Average of 42 hours per week.
- Full Time.
- Compliance requirements: WYP Security Check is a requirement of this roll and this must be completed succesfully prior to starting the roll.
- Shift pattern: 12 hour shifts, 4 days, 4 off, 4 days, 4 off, 4 nights
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.1 billion and a workforce of over 75,000 people worldwide. We are committed to equal opportunities for all.