Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
To provide a professional, welcoming, courteous and polite Reception Service in accordance with approved client procedures. To act as local interface between client and onsite staff. To monitor visitors and report to the ICO in the event of an emergency evacuation.
The hours of work for this role are 40 hours per week and will consist of 8 hour shifts per day over a 7 week rolling roster which will include working weekends. The shifts range between 07:30 to 20:00.
This is a 5 month fixed term contract.
- Delivering first point of contact customer satisfaction
- Managing presentation of reception areas
- Visitor handling ensuring all visitors sign in and out and are issued with the correct badges and passes for the duration of their visit
- Bringing to the attention of all visitors the standard instructions regarding Fire procedures
- Maintain a log of all visitors for the benefit of security and evacuation procedures
- Controlling entry to the car park and the allocation of vacant space ensuring all vehicles are parked safely and not causing obstruction
- Responsible for ensuring that deliveries are dealt with correctly and promptly redistributed from the reception area
- Be aware of the business continuity plan for the part of the business you work in
What we are looking for
- High level of customer care skills
- Efficient and courteous manner
- Polite and effective two way communicator
- Able to manage difficult customers
- Previous experience of providing reception services in a commercial building environment
- Professional handling of security entrance requirements
- Incident control knowledge
- Awareness of DDA compliance
- First Aid appointed person trained
- Able to handle and manage queries and messages from visitors, in a timely, efficient, friendly and helpful manner
- Able to provide directions and other relevant information for all visitors enquiring at reception
- Customer service focussed approach
- Continuously pursue high standards, embrace change, recognise improvement opportunities, and learn from experience
- Comply with recognised procedures and systems, and strive to deliver the best quality possible.
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding and undertake training to be able to advise on all site building plans
- The ideal candidate will be able to operate the directory competently to answer queries visitors may have about the site occupier
- Able to answer, understand and redirect callers to the correct staff
- 5 month fixed term contract
- Full Time
- 40 Hours per week
- Shift pattern: 7 week shift pattern. Mon-Fri for 6 weeks. 7th week is 3 shifts Mon-Fri and then Sat and Sunday. Shifts range between 07:30 to 20:00
- Shift allowances
- 25 days annual leave
- Closing date: 31st October 2016
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.1 billion and a workforce of over 75,000 people worldwide.