Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
To provide an efficient and comprehensive service desk support for the contract. To ensure the operation runs smoothly, efficiently and that contractual obligations are met in regard to vehicle preparation. Coordinating and managing operations within each region to ensure maximum available resource is deployed across hubs and vehicles are available in order to meet the needs of the London Ambulance Service.
- The SD coordinator will be responsible for importing, transforming, validating or modeling data with the purpose of understanding or drawing conclusions from the data in order to drive operational decision-making towards performance within the London Ambulance Contract.
- The SD coordinator's responsibilities may include presenting data in charts, graphs and tables as well as designing and developing relational databases for collecting data.
- Must be comfortable working with front line team, managers, clients and other stakeholders in the organization. Have the ability to interpret their intent and application.
- Demonstrates the ability to handle a variety of responsibilities under pressure. Must be able to function independently.
- Direct and allocate work to a pro-active team of operatives in the provision of all Services to staff and clients on site.
- Plan and prioritise the day to day tasks of the operatives in a manner that ensures an efficient and customer focused service whilst meeting or exceeding the contractual response and rectification timings.
- To provide telephone advice, guidance and support to the team in order to enable them to fulfill their role effectively and to the standards expected by Interserve Facilities.
- Demonstrates good communication skills.
- Raising of purchase orders where necessary and dealing with invoices for payment Place stationary orders and arrange the deliveries.
- Administrate staff holiday requests ensuring that accurate records are kept.
- Assist in the provision of information onto spreadsheets and producing of requested reports, reviews, and correspondence etc. to allow for the timely processing of required information.
- Answering telephone calls and recording and relay messages efficiently.
- Arranging meetings, including booking rooms and refreshments and arranging travel when required.
- Maintain an effective filing system. Photocopying and collating papers and faxes.
- To undertake some payroll administration with managers including Input hours/wages and payroll queries.
- To as a note taker where required in meetings.
- To support manager with compliance audits in regards to Personnel files.
- Provide and maintain administrative support to managers to ensure the correct and timely documentation of all sickness absence on fortnightly pay run.
- Communicate with various bodies in obtaining information in relation to staff sickness. (GPs; Occupational Health; Health Management; Consultants; etc.).
- To create, plan and direct jobs and planning programme, pro-actively managing the workload of station TL , QM and mobile teams to ensure compliance with Key Performance Indicators in relation to vehicle cleaning.
- A daily requirement to collate, compile and manage information regarding the vehicle clean status of the fleet across the regions and communicate this information to the Contract management team and the VRC to facilitate movement of vehicles.
- Providing data to each for the purposes of monitoring performance and compliance against Key Performance Indicators.
- To manage the flow of information between the hubs. To report on the status of vehicle cleaning at each location and to provide a single daily vehicle availability report to the VRC at the agreed time each morning to match the requirements of the VRC and crew rosters.
- To work with TL, QM and staff to cover shortfall in service delivery.
- Administer and provide all aspects of correspondence and documentation relating to the resignation and recruitment of staff.
- To take part in the Trust emergency and major incident programs.
- Support the LEAN programme.
What we are looking for
- To liaise with other employees, supervisors/managers and contractors to ensure work (both reactive and planned) is completed in compliance with SLA requirements.
To be a good team player with your colleagues and staff in your area of work.
- To attend all team briefings/meetings when required.
- To engage in the Company's 'Everyone has a voice' process.
- To actively participate in the company's 'Job Chat' process.
Health & Safety
- To be the first point of telephone contact for all Trust and IF employees.
- To communicate with service users to ensure they are kept up to date on the progress of their requests.
- Ensure personal conduct is of the highest standard whilst on the LAS premises, exhibiting courtesy and efficiency to clients, visitors and users of the service at all times.
- To follow any reasonable request from Trust staff.
- Attend training sessions as required.
The above list of key tasks is not exhaustive; the postholder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post. Job descriptions will be regularly reviewed to ensure they are an accurate representation of the post.
- Adhere to all company and Trust health and safety requirements and expectations.
- Proactive reporting of all Health and Safety issues including any hazards/potential hazards and reporting all accidents following the company's Accident reporting procedure.
- Wear the appropriate uniforms and safety equipment where required.
- Always remember that 'SUCCESS IS NO ACCIDENT' and reported all accidents/incidents at work to your Team Leader after phoning the Accidents/Incidents helpline.
Desirable Qualifications / Skills
Previous experience in a similar role
Excellent communication and organisational skills with strong attention to detail
To be reliable and responsible with a flexible approach to work
Ability to work independently and use initiative, while being part of a team
Customer focused with proven customer care skill.
Positive and professional manner and attitude at all times
Educated to a good standard
Ability to work under pressure
Excellent time keeping
Ability to build up good relationships with staff at all levels, especially internal customers
Good knowledge of Health and Safety
Good understanding of the English Language
Working knowledge of a hospital environment is preferred but full training will be provided
Excellent telephone manner, including listening and questioning skills.
Ability to develop positive cooperative relationships with other groups and departments.
Able to remain calm when dealing with calls in a pressured environment
Good Computer skills.
Sound knowledge / experience of office administration skills / tasks
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.6 billion and a workforce of over 80,000 people worldwide. We are committed to equal opportunities for all.