Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
To effectively operate and supervise a customer focused and responsive helpdesk and associated communication systems . To manage the allocation of service requests (maintenance and domestic) to in-house staff and contractors, ensuring work is completed in compliance with SLA requirements and all relevant information is captured and processed accordingly.
- To be the first point of telephone contact for Trust staff and IFM employees.
- To answer, input and allocate service requests (maintenance and domestic) accurately and in a timely manner and direct the appropriate personnel to undertake the tasks.
- To make decisions regarding service delivery and the priority of work. Where conflicting priorities arise, assess the task and direct staff appropriately within guidelines and protocols.
- To liaise with employees, supervisors/managers and contractors to ensure work (both reactive and planned) is completed in compliance with SLA requirements.
- To communicate with service users to ensure they are kept up to date on the progress of their requests.
- To monitor all Helpdesk service requests and take appropriate action to prevent non-compliant incidents in line with policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all helpdesk and maintenance records are maintained and available for inspection. Fully maintain and update records and files for all Statutory and Planned Maintenance, including sub-contractor and insurance reports. To bring any shortfalls to the attention of the Estates Manager.
- To be the first point of telephone contact, as per the absence procedure, for IFM employees who are calling in sick or to report an absence. Ensure the relevant information is taken from the employee and communicated to their manager.
- Liaise with the relevant managers for the preparation of month end reporting. Produce the necessary reports to substantiate the monthly performance statistics.
- Provide excellent customer service (internal and external), escalating service issues to the relevant manager where appropriate.
- To be fully conversant with the Major Incident Procedure.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the operational objectives and SLA requirements of IFM (as appropriate to the role).
- Demons trate a clear understanding of the key issues related to the delivery of an FM service in a National Health environment.
- Help ensure the requirements of a 24/7 helpdesk service are met by being flexible with shifts, providing cover out of hours as required.
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks, within training and ability, as deemed necessary by the Helpdesk Manager and Helpdesk Supervisor (Works Control).
- You will be expected to offer support and advice to new starters during their training and induction period.
- Be aware of the business continuity plan for the part of the business you work in.
What we are looking for
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Background in customer service/helpdesk role.
- Good standard of eduction (GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths and English).
- Experience of working in a fast moving environment.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Ability to work unsupervised or as part of a team.
- Ability to develop positive cooperative relationships with other groups and departments.
- Good organisational ability and attention to detail.
- Computer skills.
- Able to assess and prioritise work.
- Good listening skills.
- Experience of working in a hospital and/or FM environment is desirable.
- Reliable, flexible, adaptable and innovative.
- Able to remain calm under pressure.
- Positive and professional manner and attitude at all times.
- Self motivated and ability to use own initiative.
- Knowledge and experience of PPM environment is desirable.
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.6 billion and a workforce of over 80,000 people worldwide. We are committed to equal opportunities for all.