Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Fire Systems Engineer to join our Fire division. The purpose of this role is to carry out servicing, small installations and reactive calls on various fire alarms, door entry & warden call systems for both existing and new customers in line with current legislative requirements.
This is a field based role.
- Servicing of Fire Alarm Systems and provision of new equipment where required.
- Attend to emergency reactive call outs in line with the customer's contract.
- Ability to survey new and remedial works in accordance with the British Standard.
- Installation of small works and projects as required.
- 24 hour call out service and will be placed on a rota.
- Ensure adherence to the operational and customer KPIs and SLAs.
- Ensure high standards are maintained in respect of technical compliance to standards, health and safety and pay particular attention to statutory compliance across all building services in buildings/ services provided.
- Adopt high standards in the completion of their work. Ensure adherence to the "Safety Culture" within the daily working routine with all parts of the Fire division.
- Ensure that all operations comply with all company, legislative and best practice requirements, including Health, Safety, Environmental, Procurement and Employment practices.
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by your Manager / Supervisor.
Knowledge skills & experience
- Full driving Licence.
- Substantial quantifiable and demonstrable experience in a similar role.
- Electrical or electronics qualification, City and Guilds or BTE FIA Qualifications.
- Minimum Requirement Units 1 - Design & Unit 5 - Servicing.
- Comprehensive knowledge and an understanding of BS5839 and BS5266.
- Knowledge of various conventional & addressable fire alarm systems including Morley, Advance, Kentec, Gent, Haes & Menvier.
- Customer focused.
- Strong communicator both verbal and written.
- Strong sense of urgency and desire to succeed.
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.6 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.