Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
Assisting in the management of the supply chain and project costs relating to construction projects to ensure overall financial success of a project.
Our Year Out Placements commence during the summer months of 2017 e.g. June, July, August and generally last 12 months.
On completion of a placement there is further opportunity to gain sponsorship with Interserve Construction for the remainder of your degree course.
You will be supervised to assist in the following tasks:
- To ensure the full and proper implementation of the Company's Procedures;
- To assist senior staff in the issue and management of records and documentation relating to contract accounts;
- To assist in the prompt and regular submission of main contract payment applications and subsequent cash collection together with the preparation of sub-contractor payments;
- To assist in the preparation of draft sub-contracts to the level of responsibility delegated by the individuals supervisor;
- To assist in the monitoring of sub-contractor performance in consultation with senior staff (where delegated authority so requires);
- To assist senior staff in pricing variations;
- To assist senior staff in design cost control/value engineering;
- To assist senior staff in the compilation of data to monitor individual contract performance on a monthly and quarterly basis;
- To apply a neat and accurate approach in all day to day activities and to strive to enhance ones own professional capability.
Knowledge skills & experience
- Experience of working within the civil engineering industry, preferably for a Main Contractor, gained ideally from work experience or vacation placements (essential);
- Studying towards a relevant Quantity Surveying degree.
- Practical and logical qualities and a methodical way of thinking;
- A creative and innovative approach to problem-solving;
- Strong numeric and financial management skills with an ability to learn sophisticated design and costing IT packages;
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings;
- Ability to take off quantities in accordance with standard methods off measurement;
- Ability to write clear and precise reports and to relate complex information simply to a diverse range of people;
- Ability to work in a multi functional and dynamic team environment;
- Enthusiasm to learn and develop.
- This role will involve working on different projects from time to time so will require geographical flexibility (essential).
About the company
Our Year Out Quantity Surveying positions could be based anywhere within the UK, either in our Building or Civil Engineering businesses. We will take into consideration your location preferences but cannot guarantee we will have vacancies in all regions. Our benefits package is as follows;
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places.
- Competitive salary circa £17k;
- Private medical insurance;
- 24 days annual leave entitlement;
- Access to flexible benefits package.
WINNER OF CONSTRUCTION NEWS' CONTRACTOR OF THE YEAR 2014
We are an Investors in Diversity accredited Company & committed to equal opportunities for all.
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.3 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.