Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
Site based with responsibility for the technical viability of a section of the project works. Participate in the health and safety, quality, environmental and commercial management of the project.
Our Year Out Placements commence during the summer months of 2017 e.g. June, July, August and generally last 12 months.
On completion of a placement there is further opportunity to gain sponsorship with Interserve Construction for the remainder of your degree course .
To support the work of the Site Engineer. Principal tasks will include (but not limited to):
- Surveying the site;
- Checking drawings;
- Checking quantities & calculations;
- Requisition of materials;
- Organising plant and site facilities;
- Monitoring site labour;
- Ensuring that the project works comply with the requirements of the contract specification and drawings etc and maintaining appropriate records to confirm such compliance;
- Maintaining good relationships with the customer and their representative or advisor;
- Assist in implementing elements of the Company's Business Management System;
- Any other duties relevant to the role assigned by the Site Engineer;
- To support and be familiar with own role and responsibility in respect of Business Continuity Planning. Ensuring that team members are also aware of the plans and communicates same.
Knowledge skills & experience
- Experience of working within the civil engineering industry, preferably for a Main Contractor, gained ideally from work experience or vacation placements (highly desirable);
- Studying towards a relevant Construction Management degree.
NOTE: All above requirements are ESSENTIAL.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to use own initiative;
- Problem solving skills;
- Ability to plan and manage time;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team as a team player;
- Must hold a full UK Driving Licence;
- Must be able to work permanently in the UK;
- Flexibility and adaptability required to work anywhere geographically in the UK.
About the company
Our Year Out Civil Engineer positions could be based anywhere within the UK, either in our Building or Civil Engineering businesses. We will take into consideration your location preferences but cannot guarantee we will have vacancies in all regions. Our benefits package is as follows;
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.3 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.
- Competitive salary circa £17k;
- Private medical insurance;
- 24 days annual leave entitlement;
- Access to flexible benefits package.
WINNER OF CONSTRUCTION NEWS' CONTRACTOR OF THE YEAR 2014
We are an Investors in Diversity accredited Company & committed to equal opportunities for all.