|Job Ref:||JH984023||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£ 65,000 - £ 75,000 per year, package||Post Date:||18/10/2016 00:19|
Design Manager - Main Contractor - East London - New Build Residential / Social Housing|
My client is a reputable Main Contractor specialising in Residential / Social Housing Construction based in East London with 22 live projects within the M25 and 7 new projects starting on site within the next 6 months.
This position is for an experienced Design Manager with Main Contracting background to lead a project of around £60m, office based in East London. The Design Manager will be working on residential / social housing new build projects in London.
A Design Manager to lead the Pre-construction phase and manage the delivery of high quality drawn information, developed to programme and within budget, which complies with all Statutory approvals.
* Manage the design development process as part of the Pre-construction Team ensuring value engineering and buildability are considered at all stages;
* Lead Tender Launch meetings as required and ensure all information provided to the Estimator is in line with the ER's, and develop this into well considered contractors proposals to eliminate risk;
* Obtain and process competitive quotations from consultants, utility companies and Local Authorities to create accurate fee schedules and to achieve the best possible price;
* Create and manage well considered design programmes that enable information to be provided timely, accurately and within budget to place orders;
* Appoint and brief design consultants through a bespoke scope of services to deliver the correct level of information for any particular project;
* Obtain early approval to Planning consent conditions, achieve 'Unconditional' approval to Building Regulations applications and obtain other relevant approvals to eliminate risk;
* Act as a catalyst to turn raw data into usable information that meets our programme and control value;
* Obtain technical approval promptly for any Sectional Agreement works;
* Develop strong working relationships internally and externally by spending appropriate time on site;
* Liaise with Pre-construction & Production Teams to resolve design queries promptly and comprehensively;
* Develop Assistant and Trainee Project Co-ordinators through training and mentoring;
* Assist with providing 'as built' records and other documentary evidence on completion of the works.
* Good communication skills
* Commercial acumen
* Computer literate in Word and Excel
* Recognised building qualifications
* Minimum 5 years contracting experience
* An ability to work in a team, or alone
* Knowledge of HA guidelines
* Computer literate in Power Projects
Package on offer:
* £65-70k basic salary
* £5k car allowance
* Health care
* Discretionary Bonus
If you are unsure on whether to apply for this Design Manager role in East London and would prefer to have a confidential chat prior to submitting a CV then please do not hesitate to contact Sarah-Jayne Lee directly on NA. Randstad work on behalf of Top Tier clients within the Residential Construction sector and therefore may have other opportunities that are more tailored to your specific requirements.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills design manager, design ccoordinator, main contractor, technical manager, residential, mixed use, contractor