- Requisition ID:
- Position Title:
- Project: Uranium Processing Facility
- Relocation Authorized:
- US Citizenship Required: Yes
- Clearance Type: Possess or ability to obtain Q for DOE
- Other Requirements: Pre-employment drug screen, background check and badge requirements
Bechtel National, Inc. (BNI), Bechtel's government services business, is one of the top providers to departments and agencies of the U.S. and British governments. Its successes include many large, first-of-a-kind projects in government site management, environmental restoration, defense, space, energy, and national and homeland security. This position will provide support to the Uranium Processing Facility (UPF) located at the Y-12 National Security Complex in Oak Ridge, Tennessee.
UPF will be will be built by 2025 for $6.5 billion and will be a first-of-its-kind complex for enriched uranium operations in support of Y-12 missions. UPF is one of the Department of Energy's largest investments in Tennessee since the Manhattan Project and one of the National Nuclear Security Administration's largest construction projects. When complete, UPF will: replace a 70-year-old facility with modern buildings, reduce operational costs and energy consumption, improve worker safety, and provided enriched uranium capabilities well into the future.
The UPF project works on s a 9-80 schedule with every other Friday off. Start times are flexible but the standard work week is: Monday - Thursday from 7:00 am to 4:30 pm. The schedule on working Fridays is: 7:00am-3:30 pm.
The UPF Project is seeking an Information Technology Senior to join their team. The successful candidate will utilize problem solving andanalytical skills in order to provide strong support to the project's Information Technology needs.
Principal duties include but are not limited to:
- Operating system security and network analysis
- The candidate will be required to review security policy settings on Windows 7 operating systems, and provide general administration work on both Windows and Unix/Linux.
- Performs IT projects as assigned.
- Plans, schedules and monitors own work within a limited time, using applicable methods, procedures, tools, equipment and standards effectively with only occasional reference to others
- Analyzes user requirements and evaluates work processes
- Arranges, prepares and conducts meetings, workshops and presentations as required
- Analyzes gaps in business processes and formulates long-term and short-term solutions to ensure support of company goals and objectives
- Defines business requirements, coordinates resources, monitors timelines, and performs company and project planning
- Ensures that all required security is adhered to as required.
- Perform all work safely and with the utmost concern for the safety of self and other employees.
- The role will require up to 50% to 75% travel to vendor and customer facilities.
- The role may be required work overtime or varying hours.
- The role will require site visits to various vendors and customers as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related discipline from an accredited college or universityand 9+ years of work experience in computing and information systems securityor 15 years of progressive related work experience in lieu of degree
- US Citizenship required
- Must either possess a DOE Q clearance or have the ability to obtain one
- Working knowledge of and experience with the certification and accreditation process for federal information systems;
- Experience and understanding of federal cyber security regulations (DOE, DOD, NIST);
- Certified cyber security professional (CISSP, CISM, CGEIT) or equivalent experience;
- Strong problem solving and end user support skills
- Must be highly organized and a responsible time manager
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to document in written format technical processes in a clear and concise manner
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Windows 7 and/or 10 operating systems.
- Computer literate in common software applications
- Experience implementing organizational level cyber security policies;
- General understanding of cyber security monitoring, vulnerability scanning, and incident response processes;
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment.
- General understanding of Active Directory, including Group Policy Objects (GPOs).
- Ability to review and change local security settings on a Windows 7 or later operating system.
- General understanding of penetration testing, packet analysis and vulnerability analysis
- Ability to review and understand end to end IT work processes.
- Experience in the development of information systems cyber security plans;
- Experience in conducting cyber security program and systems assessments;
- Understanding of the process for conducting cyber security risk assessments;
- Ability to identify and present information or data that will have a strong effect on others.
- Skill in working with customers to understand their requirements and expectations by asking questions and listening.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual origin, gender identity,
national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.