Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide. Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Automation Facility Specialist within our Permian EOR group based in Seminole, TX. |
Essential Job Duties:
Responsible for installation, programming, calibration, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of automation facility equipment in order to improve oilfield system operation/uptime and reduce total operating costs.
- Coordinate Maintenance activities at a local level. Directly manage Maintenance vendors and support services.
- Represent the Automation team in facility maintenance-related correspondence externally
- Understand the facilities process, equipment and design that best support the Asset team.
- Maintain maintenance schedule, implementation, and compliance to design.
- Accountable for Maintenance cost tracking and reporting
- Provide accurate quotes for automation and maintenance projects.
- Ensure all documentation is accurate and complete for all automation projects and stored in a central location.
- Assist in implementation of design for facilities within guide lines of automation standards and Oxy EPL.
- Communicate all Maintenance activities with Asset Teams.
- Mentor and Train Automation Well Specialist on facility process flow and PLC, HMI, and end device troubleshooting.
- Respond and provide automation support during all outages.
- Work off of assigned schedule and maintain no out of compliance work orders.
- Preform Facility communication and PLC troubleshooting support.
- Provide analytical support on facility problems.
- Provide input on new technologies.
- Ensure facilities are maintained in an orderly manner to included proper management of PLC programs, PLC panel wiring and cleanliness of automation equipment.
Skills & Competencies:
- Education: 2 year technical degree or equivalent working experience
- Expert knowledge of oil and gas automation systems
- Competent knowledge of oil and gas process facilities
- 5 years of Oil Field experience
- 2 years of Oil Field Automation experience
- Expert level understanding of automation and electrical design principles.
- Understanding of PSSRs and MOCs.
- Extensive expertise in EOR safe work systems.
- Extensive expertise of Electrical / Automation construction codes and practices.
- Extensive knowledge of material specifications and application
- Understanding of regulatory guidelines
- Strong Leadership and Mentoring skills
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Ability to work with a team and communicate with other functions.
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office Suite, Oxy proprietary software, etc).
- Be knowledgeable with tagging conventions, programing simulation and testing
- Demonstrate ability to perform strong time management skills
- Strong written, oral and project management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of RTUs. Understanding of digital and analog I/O, programming, and troubleshooting.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status