Purpose of Role
Handyman/ Semi-skilled operative. To assist the contract management team in delivering a customer focussed cost effective and efficient maintenance service. This includes Planned Maintenance, Reactive Maintenance and other Services as required in order to meet its contractual and legal obligations.
• Carrying out routine PPM and minor repair and improvement works - to assist in the Installation of new plant and equipment when required - - Be proactive in reporting faults to equipment, buildings and fittings. - Work in accordance with Work Instructions, Safe Working Practices and Method Statements ensuring relevant paperwork is completed in an accurate timely manner. - Maintain stock control systems as directed. - Maintain the cleanliness of plant rooms, workshops and storage areas. - Work safely, ensuring the safety and well being of yourself, colleagues, customers and visitors. - Act as a Competent Person as directed and appointed. - Complete all job packs/reports as required in a timely manner.
Additional Role Information
Main Purpose of the Job
To carry out small building works, planned preventative maintenance and minor repairs works covering a wide range of equipment, services, systems and buildings associated with a large hospital. To support the Estates management in providing a 24 hour maintenance service within the hospital and assist Maintenance Craftsperson’s and Technicians as/when required.
- To work as part of the small works team providing an efficient estates service
- To carry out a wide range of Building work tasks
- To work with fine tools and equipment in difficult areas.
- To carry out minor repair work and minor building repairs with minimum of supervision
- To carry out all aspects of carpentry and painting of various surfaces, fitting of ironmongery.
- To ensure working area is left clean and tidy.
- To assist in the laid down audit survey and testing regime throughout all buildings on site
- To check and report on contractors work
- To work within the quality (ISO 9000) system for the Estates Department
- To maintain work documents and records accurately
- To work to drawings and specifications appropriate to trade without supervision
- To maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job, participate in appropriate training activities.
- To undergo specialist training to meet the needs of the service
- To carry out any other such reasonable tasks and duties relevant to the post as may be determined by Estates Management Team
- To observe statutory and other relevant requirements at all times, in particular those relating to the Health & Safety at Work Act, COSHH Regulations
- To work safely with heavy equipment and work at heights
- To promote a culture of customer service and the meeting of Carillion values
- To adhere to all Company policies and procedures at al times
- To respect confidentiality of all matters relating to their employment relating to other members of staff or customers, and relating to the Data Protection Act
- Ability to communicate in oral and written English.
- A recognised CITB apprenticeship or approved equivalent.
- NVQ or City & Guilds Craft Certificate relevant to the trade or similar recognised trade certificate
- Experience in a maintenance and building environment
- Experience of building maintenance/systems
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- I T skills
- Experience of working in a hospital environment
- Experience of working on specialist hospital equipment.
- Experience of other trades.
- Working conditions, can be unpleasant including bodily fluids/, noxious fumes and hot, humid and c onfined areas
- Must live within easy commuting distance of the site
- Must be willing to travel if required, to participate to training activities.