|Job Ref:||CA_39133||Employer:||Carillion plc||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Belfast||Address:||Post Code:||BT7||Post Date:||27/10/2016 01:05|
Purpose of Role
Senior Account Commercial Manager (12 months fixed term contract; maternity cover) is required to support the Ireland business expected to turnover in excess of £30m per annum in 2017, with a range of contracts principally working for the Northern Ireland Housing Executive.
The Ireland business unit is part of Regions and Communities, within Carillion Services.
There are three key contracts:
1. NIHE Building Maintenance to residential properties in Northern Ireland, This is a reactive and planned maintenance service in the social housing sector;
2. NIHE Heating which provide reactive and planned maintenance as well as installation of hearing systems in Northern Ireland;
3. FM service provision to 6 Schools in Ireland, due to commence in September 2017.
What are we looking for:
• Experience (essential) of working within a Framework and using the NEC3 form of contract to contract with the client and subcontractors. This will involve:
o Defining client requirements from a commercial perspective;
o Leading on commercial negotiation with the client;
o Producing draft contracts (both head and sub-contractor) with legal support;
o Managing the end to end contracting process – from initial opportunity to contract execution;
o Administering the terms of the various contracts to ensure Carillion risk and opportunity are effectively managed.
• Experience (desirable) of working within a PFI environment, preferably Schools / health, from a ‘services perspective’:
o Understanding and experience of managing a PFI contract from a commercial perspective;
o Reporting to contractual standards, on time and meeting the requirements of the contract;
o Energy management (commercial) reporting and risk management (energy risk);
o Working with other parties (building contractor, ICT contractor) on new build;
o Building opportunity and entitlement maximisation in operational processes.
• Support Work Wining teams, where required, in identifying and quantifying risk and opportunity in bids and tenders.
• To support, and where necessary lead, key negotiations with prospective customers, partners, contractors and sub-contractors.
• Where required, ensure a commercial focus is maintained in established and/ or developing markets.
To take the lead responsibility in developing, implementing and reviewing effective commercial practices within a
• Cash Management is effected.
• An overview is maintained of Risk Management processes and procedures, including acting as liaison for internal audit activities.
• Contractual imperatives (duties, obligations, notices, standards etc.) are observed and discharged to protect Carillion’s position and entitlements within contract and/or with respect to insurances policies.
• Appropriate periodic financial reviews are undertaken
• To implement strategies as agreed with the Business Unit Commercial Director
• A framework of approved practice and process in commercial activity is followed that is consistent with Carillion standards and corporate governance.
In conjunction with other Carillion specialists (Group Risk, Legal, Pre-Contract, Supply Chain, Insurance and HR), ensure that project and/or area contractual and insurance issues, including disputes and claims are resolved or properly communicated in order to protect and further the Company’s interests and relationships.
• To effectively manage the production and delivery of the Project’s commercial objectives and commercial elements of the contract management plan.
• To effectively support the management and production of an account Contract Improvement Plan.
• To manage the performance and development of direct reports, and the effective organisation of the project-wide commercial members of staff.
• To deliver effective management information on commercial activity across the project as appropriate.
• To provide a commercial appraisal of project for external audit purposes.
Assisting their Line Manager within a project by being able to:
• Thorough knowledge of the principles of Scope Definition and the ability to provide leadership and guidance to all commercial and operational staff. Ability to understand gaps/shortfall in scope definition and opportunities for the operational phase.
• Able to lead in the preparation of services costings and to assess the value of a project as a whole. To lead in the negotiation of services costings with third parties.
• To ensure consistency in profitability and forecasting in all elements of a contract and effectively forecast performance
• To establish strategy at the commencement of a project and ensure the effective operation of contract etc. consistently and effectively by the project team. To seek advice where appropriate from internal and external teams.
• Ability to raise awareness of our obligations at project level
Additional Role Information
• Reward car/car allowance & fuel card
• 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays with the opportunity to buy more holidays once you have been with a for a short while
• Eligible for Company Bonus Scheme
• BUPA Healthcare Insurance – Family cover
• Carillion Pension Plan
• Carillion 'Thank You' Scheme, which offers flexible, tax efficient benefits such as child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme & discounts on high street brands