|Job Ref:||CA_39308||Employer:||Carillion plc||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Lincoln||Address:||Post Code:||LN6||Post Date:||27/10/2016 01:04|
Purpose of Role
Carillion Civil Engineering have been awarded a significant new highway scheme in Lincolnshire and require a Managing Quantity Surveyor (MQS) to lead the Site Commercial Team. The MQS will be fully accountable for all of the Commercial Functions of the scheme and will report to the regional Commercial Manager. The role may also require some input into future Tenders with the Work Winning Team.
The Key Requirements are;
Extensive Knowledge of NEC 3 particularly Option C/D
Previously undertaken a Commercial Lead role on Civil Engineering Schemes in excess of £25m
Managed and Developed Site QS Teams
Identified and implemented Commercial Protocols and Strategy for large Schemes.
Experience of procuring high value Subcontract Packages
Excellent IT skills
Minimum 8yrs QS relevant experience.
Professionally Qualified (CICES / RICS)
• Support Work Winning teams, where required, in identifying and quantifying risk and opportunity in
bids and tenders.
• To support, and where necessary lead, key negotiations with prospective customers, partners,
contractors and sub-contractors.
• Where required, ensure a commercial focus is maintained in established and/or developing markets
To take the lead responsibility in developing, implementing and reviewing effective commercial activity within
a project or area ensuring that:
• Ensure Cash Management is effected
• An overview is maintained of Risk Management processes and procedures, including acting as
liaison for internal audit activities
• Contractual imperatives (duties, obligations, notices, standards, etc) are observed and discharged to
protect Carillion’s position and entitlements under Contract or with Insurances etc
• A proper view is taken of periodic performance (financial and progress) per project
• To agree strategies with the BU Commercial Director consistent with the BU objectives and
• A framework of approved practice and process in commercial activity is followed that is consistent
with Group standards, the IMS and corporate governance
• In conjunction with key internal ‘partners’ (e.g. Group Risk, Legal, Pre-Contract, Supply Chain,
Insurance), ensure that project/area contractual and insurance issues, including disputes and claims
are resolved or properly communicated in order to protect and further the Company’s interests and
• To effectively manage the production of Project Procurement Strategy Documentation.
• To effectively manage the production of Project Value Enhancement Plans.
• To ensure the effective performance management and development of his/her direct reports, and the
effective organisation of everyone within the commercial activity on the project
• To deliver effective management information on commercial activity across the Region to
• To provide a commercial appraisal of project for external audit purposes.
Additional Role Information
• Company vehicle & fuel card
• 26 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays with the opportunity to buy more holidays once you have been with a for a short while
• BUPA Healthcare Insurance (single cover with option to 'trade up' to cover your family)
• Pension Plan
• Carillion 'Thank You' Scheme, which offers flexible, tax efficient benefits such as child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme & discounts on high street brands