Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||CA_39564||Employer:||Carillion plc||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Central London||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 01:03|
Purpose of Role
As a Regional Commercial Manager you will be covering the Greater London area on an outsourced MOJ contract.
The role will involve direct line management responsibility for 1 commercial assistant, along with management of a team based in the Sheffield regional office who raise requisitions, quotes and purchase orders.
Key functions of the role will also include:
• Providing commercial advice to sites teams, including regular commercial/contract training and refreshers
• Maximising commercial entitlement through cost recovery of out of scope, additional and life cycle works, including vandalism
• Pricing of variations through the change control process
• Managing risk and identifying opportunities
• Working with other regions to ensure consistency and good commercial processes and governance is in place
• Supporting the payment application process
• Attending regular client meetings, both regionally and commercially
• Generally supporting the Account Commercial Director
• Support Work Winning teams, where required, in identifying and quantifying risk and opportunity in bids and tenders.
• To support, and where necessary lead, key negotiations with prospective customers, partners, contractors and sub-contractors.
• Where required, ensure a commercial focus is maintained in established and/or developing markets.
To take the responsibility in developing, implementing and reviewing effective commercial activity within a Business Area, ensuring that:
• Cash Management is effected.
• An overview is maintained of Risk Management processes and procedures, including acting as liaison for internal audit activities.
• Contractual imperatives (duties, obligations, notices, standards, etc) are observed and discharged to protect Carillion’s position and entitlements within contract and/or with respect to insurances policies.
• Appropriate periodic financial reviews are undertaken.
• To implement strategies as agreed with the Business Unit Commercial Director.
• A framework of approved practice and process in commercial activity is followed that is consistent with Carillion standards and corporate governance.
• In conjunction with other Carillion specialists (Group Risk, Legal, Supply Chain, Insurance and HR), ensure that project-wide contractual and insurance issues, including disputes and claims are resolved or properly communicated in order to protect and further the Company’s interests and relationships.
• To effectively manage the production and delivery of the Business Area commercial objectives.
• To effectively support the management and production of a Business Area/ account Contract Improvement Plan.
• To manage the performance and development of direct reports, and the effective organisation of the project-wide commercial members of staff
• To deliver effective management information on commercial activity across the Business Division or project as appropriate.
• To provide a commercial approval of Business Division for external audit purposes
Assisting their Line Manager within a Business Area by being able:
• To provide a thorough knowledge of the principles of Scope Definition and the ability to provide leadership and guidance to all commercial and operational staff. Ability to understand gaps/shortfall in scope definition and opportunities for the operational phase.
• To ensure compatibility of valuation information from multiple projects. To offer insight, guidance and leadership in all pricing issues.
• To manage portfolios of contracts consistently and develop strategic forecasts and budgets.
• To establish strategy at the commencement of a project and ensure the effective operation of contract etc. consistently and effectively by the project team. To seek advice where appropriate from internal and external teams.
• Ability to raise awareness of our obligations at project level such that the wider team is able to identify change. To instigate effective
Additional Role Information
• Reward car/car allowance & fuel card
• 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays with the opportunity to buy more holidays once you have been with a for a short while
• Eligible for Company Bonus Scheme
• BUPA Healthcare Insurance – Family cover
• Carillion Pension Plan
• Carillion 'Thank You' Scheme, which offers flexible, tax efficient benefits such as child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme & discounts on high street brands