|Job Ref:||CA_39231||Employer:||Carillion plc||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Post Date:||18/10/2016 01:03|
Purpose of Role
Commercial assistant required to work on a recently commenced Government FM contract covering the South East, delivering hard and soft FM.
The successful candidate will ideally have a strong commercial background and acumen, together with good data manipulation skills and an ability to work both as part of a team and independently.
There is also a requirement to gain and maintain appropriate security clearance to work on the project.
· Implementation of robust and consistent change control processes on the project to ensure that appropriate changes/variations are identified.
· Professional delivery of commercial skills in accordance with Carillion policies, objectives and values.
· Working under the direction of their Line Manager to provide commercial and contractual input to a project to support operations and implement strategies with the objective of minimising threats, maximising opportunities and avoiding disputes.
To be responsible for specified commercial tasks within a project and deliver outputs consistent with Business standards and objectives as directed by their Line Manager.
· Administration of robust and consistent change control processes on the project to ensure that appropriate changes/variations are identified.
· Ensures compliance with the Integrated Management System
Assisting the Commercial Manager within a project ensuring:
· Preparation of accurate and prudent cost /value analysis.
· Accurate budget preparation.
· Preparation of interim and final account measurement.
· Accurate pricing and rating of variations.
· Interim and final agreement of suppliers’ and sub-contractors’ accounts.
· Good quality and accurate records are kept and maintained.
· Maintenance of cost information.
· Preparation and agreement of sundry accounts.
Assisting their Line Managers within a project by being able to:
· Show an ability to understand the broad scope of a service and its specifications and to carry out simple area measurements under guidance.
· Prepare services pricing under guidance.
· Reconcile cost and value to measure profitability under the guidance of others.
· Be aware of the form of contract applicable to the project and to be developing knowledge of its operation.
· Operate robust record-keeping processes (developed by others) and to notify senior commercial staff when they believe change to have occurred.
· Assist in the preparation of procurement packages and in the analysis of returns. To agree site details with subcontractors.
· Be aware of risks and opportunities within their own commercial role, and bring to the attention of their line manager.
· Understand the terms of engagement with third parties relevant to their role, and to actively adhere to these terms.
· Basic understanding required of Carillion Values and their importance.
· Understand the principles of payment mechanisms and their place within services contracts.
· To be aware of services techniques relevant to their own commercial role.
· Ability to understand the appropriate written, verbal and electronic media relevant to their position.
Additional Role Information
• 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays with the opportunity to buy more holidays once you have been with a for a short while
• BUPA Healthcare Insurance (single cover with option to 'trade up' to cover your family
• Pension Plan
• Carillion 'Thank You' Scheme, which offers flexible, tax efficient benefits such as child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme & discounts on high street brands