|Job Ref:||204802101||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£75000 - £75001/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 02:19|
Support Developer/Analyst: £30K to £35K + Benefits |
A market leading retail software, solutions and services supplier is looking for a Support Developer/ Analyst to join their development team.
This role will provide daily support to both our external customers and internal users. External customer support will include software implementation, incident and problem management across the full suite of their solutions.
Key responsibilities & tasks:
* Provide 2nd line service desk support to customers and internal users within agreed SLA
* Work alongside the 1st and 3rd line Support and Development teams to ensure the objectives of the Service department are met
* Assist the Management team with implementation projects when necessary
* Undertake initial identification and investigation into reported Problems sufficient to provide the necessary information for 3rd Line Support to resolve the resulting Fault
* Write SQL data correction script, ad-hoc batch scripts and VBScript
* Notify 3rd Line Support of Faults, monitor progress and notify the Customer accordingly
* Deploy fault solutions to client sites.
Key skills required:
* Strong people and communication skills
* Analytical approach to problem resolution
* Ability to identify recurring problems and provide input into root cause analysis
* Good working knowledge of office applications including Microsoft Office and Outlook
* Technical understanding of Windows operating systems
* Relevant knowledge to support the hardware
* Understanding of relational databases and experience of Microsoft SQL server.
* Strong skills of T-SQL.
* Multi-tasking skills and ability to prioritise and cope with a changing environment
* Experience of the Retail environment and practical experience of retail systems, such as EPOS and Merchandising
Other features of the role (e.g. travelling, shift hours etc):
* Based in London although opportunities will arise for visits to customer and other Itim sites
* Average of 37.5 hours per week
* Requirement to provide an 'out of office service' via mobile phone and laptop with remote access
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds