|Job Ref:||204806864||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Southampton||Address:||Post Code:||SO14||Salary:||£25000 - £30000/annum Benefits||Post Date:||18/10/2016 02:19|
IT Support Engineer - Up to £30K|
Hedge End, Southampton
This exciting new opportunity to work for an established utilities engineering organization as an experienced IT Support Engineer to help with supporting telephone systems, PC's and also servers/networks. This position is based in Hedge End, Southampton, with a business looking to expand rapidly in an always growing market. The successful candidate will be working under managerial staff and be taking on projects that they will be asked personally to find solutions to. Your main role will be to ensure that the office is run smoothly on a day to day basis.
Skills / Environment
* Servers, including smooth running, configuration, installation, administration and support
* PC installation, troubleshooting and support
* Network administration
* Telephone system support
* Mobile telephony support
* End user support - providing an exceptional level of support to ensure GDC staff are able to fulfil their roles with the tools/technology supplied
* Ensuring successful recovery of systems at the DR centre in the event of a disaster or scheduled testing
* Providing support to office based and home based workers - Supporting various IT projects and improvement initiatives
* MS Exchange
* MS Servers
The successful candidate will be providing IT support to all users within the business. Some of their main tasks will be to maintain and protect IT assets as well as to perform daily admin tasks such as checking the smooth running of all IT aspects of the business such as:
* Backup integrity/ reliability
* Server disk space
* Server event notifications
Any problems or queries must be run through the manager at the site before sitting down and figuring out a strategy to fix any problems as quickly as possible.
It would be desirable for the successful candidate to hold one or some of the following certifications: MSCE, MSCP, MSCA, MSP or other relevant certifications
This role may be suitable for an individual who has held a similar position - IT Administrator, IT Network Engineer, Server Support Analyst, Help Desk Analyst, Network Field Engineer.
We will always email you a full role specification, name our client and wait for your email authorisation before we send your CV to this organisation. Deerfoot IT: Est. 1997. REC member. ISO certified. *Each time we send a CV to a recruiting client we donate £1 to The Born Free Foundation (charity no. 1070906).
Deerfoot is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy