|Job Ref:||204807212||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Dundee||Address:||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 02:19|
Adecco are working closely with a well known Software technology company in Dundee city centre. We are looking for an experienced Technical lead. |
The company pride themselves in delivering compelling and engaging geo-centric applications and services in a 3D environment.
A bunch of good reasons why you should apply:
There will always be something interesting and different to work on
From matching GPS traces to road-graphs to generating procedural road casings, frequently working on challenging problems.
The client prides themselves on being agile and pragmatic, working at a swift, sustainable pace to deliver early and often.
The agile development approach and regular reviews of working practises mean that learning and improvement are integral to the day-to-day working lives.
This is a hands-on leadership role, ideal for someone wanting to lead a software team but also contribute as a team member.
Here's what we expect from successful candidates:
• You have a passion for growing and shaping exceptional teams & your own
• You have a passion for encouraging others to develop high quality software at a rapid,sustainable pace, and do so yourself.
• You are aware of best-practice for leading a cross-discipline software development group of up to 10 people, including knowledge of agile and lean development, Scrum, Kanban,Continuous Integration, Pair Programming, TDD.
• You are extremely self-motivated. You will be willing to directly contribute, and you thrive in a team environment
• You are fluent in at least one OO language (e.g. C++, C#, Java) and have an understanding of OOD (e.g. design patterns, SOLID).
• You must be able to demonstrate an understanding of algorithms, data structures and 3D mathematics.
• You will have experience of implementing high performance, real time 3D systems such as games or demos.
• You will have strong problem solving skills along with excellent written and oral
communication skills that allow you to solve problems as part of a team.
• You will be degree educated in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a similar discipline, or have equivalent professional experience.
• You should be flexible and adaptable, eager to engage with and learn new technologies and roles in an organisation.
• Experience working with customers and other stakeholders
• Experience delivering medium sized software projects up to £1m
• Knowledge of developing and evolving APIs and developer communities
• Knowledge of graphics techniques and/or computational geometry.
• Experience with mapreduce, Hadoop, EMR, mrjob.
• Experience with a dynamic language (Ruby, JS, Python, Lua etc.)
• Basic understanding of Unix system administration & operations
• Experience with mapping tools and technologies such as ArcGIS, QGIS, GDAL, OGR
• Contributions to open source is an advantage
If you have had a read through all of the above and think this is the role for you please apply here or contact Debbie Phillips on (Apply online only) for a confidential discussion
Adecco is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer