|Job Ref:||204801500||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Buckinghamshire||City:||Buckinghamshire||Address:||Post Code:||HP7||Salary:||£20000 - £30000/annum DOE + Benefits||Post Date:||18/10/2016 02:20|
We are an expanding, publically traded company developing a unique mass consumer product targeted at the health, fitness and weight loss market. Our wearable products are based on patented algorithms and Unique Integrated Circuits (ASIC) created by leading global research institutions. We leverage IoT (internet of Things) technology to provide a unique, highly-personalised user experience across the mobile and cloud space. We require an enthusiastic Test and Support Engineer and systems testing professional to support our development efforts as we roll out product to the market.|
The role involves testing product/electronics to ensure that it operates satisfactorily. Carrying out systems analysis, recommending changes and resolving problems. The candidate will be required to assist in technical and user field trials. The role is a key part of taking the company's first product to launch - so a commitment and flexible working approach is required.
Suitable candidates will need to demonstrate essential skills/experience with:
* System Testing/Analysis/Evaluation
* Testing, debugging and troubleshooting high-density PCB's/software and complete product
* Defining and executing system tests based on provided specifications
* Writing test protocols
* Assembly and acceptance testing of samples
* High-precision soldering work
* Representing the business to external customers'/service providers
* Written and verbal English
It is desirable, although not essential that the candidate has experience writing test specifications.
* Be familiar with software under test and any other software related to it.
* Understand and contribute to the master test plan, writing test protocols or other functional documentation as required.
* Test software (firmware) releases by executing assigned tests (manual and/or automated).
* Report test results in a structured way and be proactive in resolving issues quickly and efficiently with other stakeholders.
* Ensuring all samples in the lab and in field trials are assembled, fully charged and functional.
* Carrying out performance tests to ensure samples and product are working to required standard.
* Investigating current software applications
* Performing maintenance, trouble shooting and repair work on devices as needed.
* Supporting the development team through assembly, soldering or test work.
* Supporting internal, external and large-scale field trials; representing the company at trials (sometimes unsupervised) and ensuring the appropriate samples/devices are available for trials (to include preparing, trouble shooting and repairing material as required.)
* Supporting the assembly of test, prototype (model) and production product.
* Performing assembly of mechanical parts.
The role requires the candidate to be trustworthy, flexible in their approach to work, self-motivated, enthusiastic and willing to learn. Working for a start-up also requires the individual to be confident and tenacious in solving problems, finding/creating solutions; hard working and committed to delivering a high quality product.
Some national travel (within the Company's offices and UK test sites) may be required so it is desirable that the candidate is able to drive and willing and able to travel on occasion to the central London office or test sites. Some international travel may be required to facilitate product launch, so it is desirable that the candidate is able and willing to travel internationally.
When applying for this role, please indicate your current salary (plus benefits package), minimum salary required, notice period and your reasons for wishing to move from your current company. Alliance Consulting is acting as an employment agency in this respect. Alliance Consulting specialise in the placement of engineers throughout the UK. By sending us your CV you are explicitly consenting to our processing of your personal data on a computer database and/or in manual files for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment. This processing will be carried out in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. By applying for this role you hereby consent to us submitting your CV to our client. If you do not wish your CV to be sent to our client then you must clearly state this to us. Equally, if there are any companies that you do not wish your CV to be sent to (for whatever reason), then please let us know of this when you apply