|Job Ref:||204802281||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£550 - £600/day||Post Date:||18/10/2016 02:20|
Change Release/ Delivery Manager - £(Apply online only)/ day - ~11 month contract - London*|
Security Clearance: Must already hold BPSS + DS clearance or be willing to undergo.
We have an exciting opportunity to join one of our key government clients in London who are looking for a Change Release/ Delivery Manager to join their team. The successful candidate will join a fast paced, digital team to help us manage the delivery of change to live services and evolve our approaches to release and change management. You will have a background in agile delivery of digital services on large scale programmes, ideally experienced in continuous delivery of transactional web service. The ideal candidate will able to use skills to communicate and influence across the programme and be comfortable managing across teams to deliver releases within sometimes challenging constraints. The successful applicant will act as a liaison point for Infrastructure engineers and senior developers in helping them fulfil the role of change sponsor. This person may also provide direct support to anyone who requires direction to ensure his or her change is achieved. They will also support agile teams in integrating change and release management activities into their delivery through to production.
Key tasks and deliverables:
* Responsible for implementation of end to end release and change management
* Acting as the daily point of contact for release management across delivery teams, leading the release by setting direction and priorities, and resolving conflicts
* Define and implement an environment management policy to ensure effective change management and to safeguard the integrity of all environments
* Stakeholder management across technical and operational stakeholders regarding change and release management
* Coordinate across teams to identify and track the contents of releases, ensuring that all quality requirements for the release are met
* Manage implementation planning across teams ensuring that preparation, delivery and communication activities are carried out in accordance with the plan
* Run release retrospectives and deliver continual improvement to the release capability
* Liaising with external stakeholders and teams for governance and coordination of work
Essential skills and experience:
* Experience working as a release or delivery manager in an agile development environment delivering change and release management in a fast changing environment with appropriate levels of governance.
* Preferably previous technical experience in development, testing or configuration management.
* Cross team management to lead the delivery of releases
* Experience of digital service delivery
* Experience with continuous delivery
* ITIL Foundation or above (desirable)
* Highly organised and diligent with good attention to detail.
* Excellent communication skills, delivering succinct information to appropriate audiences at all levels.
* Effectively prioritises work from multiple sources providing visibility across disciplines.
* Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
* Is committed to quality and is therefore willing to challenge colleagues and to constantly question their own approach.
* Draws value from collaboration with others. Actively seeks input from colleagues and values a multidisciplinary team over hierarchy.
* Able to understand and communicate the big picture and use it to prioritise and judge impact of smaller tasks and objectives.
* Generates new and innovative approaches to problems.
* Thrive in a fast-moving, changing environment