|Job Ref:||204802469||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bolton||Address:||Post Code:||NE66||Salary:||£25000 - £100000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 02:20|
Our client is a leading IT Support and IT Managed services provider with exciting plans to expand and improve. They seek a Technical Support Engineer to deliver best-of-breed solutions to small and medium sized businesses and report back to the IT Operations Manager.|
IT Engineer / 1st, 2nd and 3rd Line Engineer - Windows / VMware
A well rounded IT Engineer / 3rd Line Engineer with excellent logical and analytical skills is required to join a growing IT company in Preston. This is an excellent opportunity for a passionate IT professional who is seeking a challenging role with lots of learn to join an enthusiastic team working with the latest releases in technology.
About the role:
• This Engineer is required to support the underlying infrastructure that hosts client owned software developed internally.
• Be proactive with new technologies and innovative with new processes to help improve the efficiency and reliability of the support team/company offering.
• Configuration of new infrastructure for deployments
Following skills would be ideal but are not essential to your application:
• Knowledge of Windows Server / Linux
• Knowledge of Networking (Routing/Switching/NAT Policies)
• Supporting VMware Servers
• Knowledge of databases SQL/MySQL (Querying/Scripting/Database Installation)
• Knowledge of webservers
• Knowledge of CISCO
You need to have a passion for IT to fit in with this role and team. In order to be successful you will ideally:
• Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication
Skills: Windows Server 2012, Linux, Redhat, CentOS, Networking, VMware, SAN, NAT Policies, SQL, MySQL, Scripting, IIS, Tomcat, Apache