|Job Ref:||204803132||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Isleworth||Address:||Post Code:||TW7||Salary:||£0 - £40000/annum bens||Post Date:||18/10/2016 02:20|
Senior Infrastructure Engineer|
Our client is a leading specialist insurance service to companies in the construction sector and associated industries. The company has broadened to encompass sectors which reflect the core strengths of the company but allow us to diversify across a number of specialisms. Their oldest specialisms include Construction, Professional Risks and Surety Bonds; our newest reflect the changing market for insurance broking, such as Capital Risk & Solutions, our unique HealthCARE insurance offerings and bespoke Environmental products.
Due to continued growth they are looking for a senior Infrastructure Engineer to join their growing team. As the Senior Infrastructure Engineer you will deliver technical infrastructure services by designing, maintaining and developing the infrastructure environment, analysing business requirements, identifying opportunities and pursuing these in line with business objectives. You will be passionate about IT, tracking industry trends and maintaining up to date knowledge of new technologies.
• Support and Maintain hardware and software across all offices, ensuring the best use of available technology.
• Research and develop the infrastructure to support business initiatives
• Carry out continuous assessment of the use of and processes around the environment, with recommendations based on best practice, efficiency, value to the business.
• Support team member development by analysing complex infrastructure issues, documenting and communicating findings and solutions to the team.
• Provide guidance and internal consulting expertise
• Collaborate with key stakeholders with regular communications.
• Contribute to a positive work environment by demonstrating accountability, flexibility, continuous improvement, collaboration and creativity.
• Manage own professional development by soliciting feedback and identifying relevant training opportunities.
• Provide senior level expertise on decisions and priorities regarding system enhancements to deliver real benefits to the business. You will facilitate the implementation of standards of practice in all technology solutions.
• Work with the relevant IT managers to review, design and manage all IT infrastructures across the group.
• Participate as a subject matter expert in projects and implementations requiring your expertise.
• Develop systems and processes to monitor system or product performance.
• Work with 3rd parties such as WAN, hosting or development providers.
• Carry out regular Information Security reviews
Specialist knowledge in:
• Server/Datacentre support
• Windows Server 2008+
• VmWare vSphere 5.1 +
• SAN technology (Netapp)
• Citrix XenApp, CAG & WI
• MS Exchange 2010+
• MS SharePoint 2010+
• MSSQL Admin / SSRS
• Network fundamentals (HP) inc.
• VoIP (Mitel)
• Active Directory
• Group Policy
• Desktop deployments
• Desktop management
• Data Protection, IT security, PCI
• MSOffice 2010>
• End user support in Service Desk environment
• BCP / DR
• Technical documentation
• Windows 7+
• BCP planning
• Data Protection