|Job Ref:||204803724||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||CHESTER AREA||Address:||Salary:||£20000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 02:20|
This is a newly created opportunity for a gifted Junior Level Java Developer to join a successful organisation who develop data solutions and mobile applications for some of the UK's largest Insurance and automotive companies |
The key focus of this role is to Support, design, code, unit test and deploy JAVA API and other backend services to support all client applications.
You will also be involved with :-
• Designing and developing high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance.
• Bug fixing and improving application performance.
• Collaborating with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
• Writing Unit-tests and integration tests that can be used to automatically test services to ensure that they are fit for purpose and cater for edge cases.
• Supporting continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
• Participating in design discussion with business users, and technical staff as well as performing high-level design, estimating effort for new business requirements and feature enhancements.
• Participating in code reviews, providing constructive criticism and a list of recommendations in priority order.
Interested individuals should have some commercial development experience (University Work Placements included) in JAVA with knowledge of Object Orientated Design Enterprise JAVA development, with experience of XML/JSON together with:
• A Good understanding of API interfaces, and working within production environments.
• Knowledge of SQL and experience is working with JAVA interacting with Databases
• Experience working in UNIX and/or LINUX environment.
Any experience of working in a Test Driven Development Environment, designing RESTful API Services or with Unit Testing Frameworks (e.g. JUnit) or other BDD frameworks (e.g. Cucumber) would be an advantage but not essential.
This is a fantastic role with an agile organisation who can offer a huge amount of autonomy while still being able to nurture your talent and ambition.
If this role sounds interesting then send us a copy of your cv and we'll call you for a chat