|Job Ref:||204803759||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||City of London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£NEG Daily Rate||Post Date:||18/10/2016 02:20|
SC Cleared Infrastructure Project Manager - City of London - Initial 6 Month Contract - (Storage, Security, Virtualisation, Networks, Data Centre).|
A global IT services company is searching for an SC Cleared Infrastructure Project Manager to join their team in London on a contract basis. The role will involve working for a major financial organisation and due to the nature of the work candidates will require SC clearance.
Description of Position:
The Project Manager's prime responsibility is to ensure that the project produces the required products, to the required standard of quality and within the specified constraints of time and cost. The Project Manager is also responsible for the project producing a result which is capable of achieving the benefits defined in the Business Case.
* Project Manager to manage the delivery and deployment of Infrastructure Projects (Server, DC, Networks, Security).
* Proven track record in delivering TCQ - ability to deliver time critical projects and closely manage interdependencies & RAID and Project P&L.
* Excellent customer facing and commercial skills.
* Excellent reporting and communication skills.
* Experience of leveraging Technical Service Lines to complete specific activities to plan.
* Would normally have delivered more than 3 projects with medium to high complexity, but must have experience of at least 2 different types of project or different stages in the project lifecycle.
* Worked in at least two different market sectors.
* Worked on more than one project at a time.
* Has experience of managing teams.
* Shows competence in progressing teams - career/skills reviews and development.
* Experience of cost reporting for fixed price contracts.
* Role holder will be PRINCE2 certified, associate of APM and expert in BMS processes.
* Organisation and Planning.
* Controls and Stages.
* Issue and Risk Management.
* Change Control.
* Quality Management.
* Financial Management.
* Stakeholder Management.
Knowledge of Financial, Public and Retail sectors advantageous.
P&PM services experience in at least three of:
* Programme/project office experience
* Transfer projects
* Transition projects
* Transformation projects
* Application development projects
* Deployment projects
* Research projects
Must have strong leadership and management skills. However, the individual appointed must also be capable of understanding the wider objectives of the project/programme, be able to influence others, and be able to develop and maintain effective working relationships with senior managers, with the project executives, and with third party service providers involved in the management and operations of the project/programme
* Broad knowledge/working knowledge of compute platform technologies
* Broad knowledge/working knowledge of networking technologies
* Broad knowledge/working knowledge of Storage technologies
* Broad knowledge/working knowledge of Virtualisation technologies
* Broad knowledge/working knowledge of EM technologies
Project People Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy