|Job Ref:||204804085||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cheshire||City:||Warrington||Address:||Post Code:||MK46||Salary:||£60000 - £70000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 02:20|
Sellick Partnership has been assigned to recruit a permanent Senior Infrastructure Engineer for a private equity backed global service business based in Warrington.|
The business that we are representing are at a critical point of delivering a multimillion pound programme that is currently in the midst of driving through a number of key project initiatives and requires a proven Senior Infrastructure Engineer with a track record of delivering to assist at this critical stage.
The business is currently attracting the strongest candidates in the North West as the projects provide candidates exposure to the highest level stakeholders in the organisation.
As the business is introducing a new operating model, they want to standardise the technology that their staff use to operate, from datacentres to end point devices, and everything in between.
Working with the solution architect, the Senior Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for liaising with their infrastructure partners in the provisioning and upkeep of environments, both production and interim environments for change initiatives. The engineer will also be involved with maintaining and improving the network infrastructure and contributing to the end-point device strategy and maintenance.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Understand the business to be better able to advise on Infrastructure issues
* Keep up to date with infrastructure trends that might further the strategic aims of the business
* Act as third line support for the production, pre-production and training environments
* Provision new interim environments for change initiatives
* Act as an advisor on change initiatives when assessing their infrastructure needs
* Liaise with Data and Solution colleagues to ensure these are appropriately considered
* Attend Change Advisory Board (CAB) as a technical expert
* Attend Design Authority as a technical expert
* Help ensure that all change initiatives fit to the infrastructure principles
* Ensure that 3rd party suppliers are following the infrastructure principles
* Work with project teams where infrastructure work is required
* Work with 3rd party suppliers on infrastructure work items
* Assist with creation of business case for future initiatives with an infrastructure component
Due to the multi-faceted nature of this position it is essential that the successful individual has proven experience in relationship building, influencing others as well as managing people and projects.
The individual must have over four years' solid experience working across a variety of business areas, within Infrastructure roles. Ideally, you will be educated to a degree level, but not necessarily in an IT discipline. You will have a proven ability to keep in touch with industry and solution trends and an IT evangelist, passionate about the role of IT in the business
In a workplace where teamwork is essential, excellent people skills are a must. Likewise the individual must be diligent with has a keen eye for detail and an analytical mind. If you consider yourself to be a committed, motivated individual, who can demonstrate the above skills then we would be pleased to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Jonathan Moss at Sellick Partnership on (Apply online only).
Sellick Partnership is a market leader in financial recruitment, offering temporary, contract and permanent solutions. Over the last decade we have built up an enviable relationship with key employers, and our expert team of consultants boast up to date market knowledge and a strong reputation, making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
For the latest industry news, views and jobs follow our LinkedIn page (url removed)/company/sellick-partnership
Sellick Partnership have gone mobile. Simply visit our website using your mobile device to ensure that you don't miss out on your next career move, whilst on the move