|Job Ref:||204804101||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glasgow||Address:||Post Code:||G3||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum Excellent Benefits & MS Training||Post Date:||18/10/2016 02:20|
This is a newly created role for a Senior Level IS/Network Administrator to join an extremely successful, globally focused, Scottish company who have been market leaders in their sector for over 100 years. |
The key focus of the role is to manage the day to day administration of the internal Network and Server Infrastructure which supports over 50 servers/1200 workstations across multiple locations. In addition, the person in this role will take ownership for the delivery of a range of interesting and technically challenging projects.
You will also be required to:-
• Manage the technical relationship with external IT partners
• Act as senior technical escalation point for Tier1/Teir2 support
• Ensure the appropriate technical testing of any disaster recovery plans
• Proactively manage server capacity and performance whilst ensuring servers are fit for purpose
• Monitor network and systems and identify performance/security issues.
Interested candidates should have good commercial experience working with Microsoft based Infrastructure technologies to include:-
• Strong Active Directory, DNS, and DHCP experience in a multi-site environment
• Microsoft server 2003/2008/2008R2/2012/2012R2/2016
• Exchange 2007/2010/2013
• Strong backup/Disaster recovery/Failover/HA and business continuity knowledge and experience
• In depth knowledge of LAN/WAN topologies
• Windows 7/8/8.1/10
• PowerShell scripting
• Office 365 administration
• Azure AD
• Skype for business
• Firewall/VPN solutions
As this is a Senior level role within the IS/Network team, the person in this position will should be accustomed to managing their own workload whilst providing direction and assisting in the personal development of Junior members of the team.
This is an amazing opportunity for a talented and ambitious IT Professional to join an organisation who will provide them with a huge amount of autonomy, support and personal development opportunities.
If you would like further information on this position, please send a copy of your up to date cv to the undernoted address