|Job Ref:||204804362||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cheshire||City:||Warrington||Address:||Post Code:||MK46||Salary:||£70000 - £80000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 02:20|
Sellick Partnership has been assigned to recruit a permanent Senior Solution Architect for a private equity backed global service business based in Warrington.|
As the business transitions to a new operating model, it is vital that any change initiatives take place under an overarching solution architecture and that new systems and system changes are properly considered for fit before they are implemented. The role of the Solution Architect is ensuring that this 'design thinking' is kept in mind throughout any project work, and any initiative fits to the company's architecture and principles.
The Solution Architect is also an intrinsic part of a project, running the Engineering team (responsible for solution development) and liaising with our 3rd party suppliers to ensure their work is completed on time and to an appropriate standard.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Understand the business to be better able to create an appropriate target architecture
* Keep up to date with software trends that might further the strategic aims of the business
* Lead in designing architecture of solution stack, considering functionality, security, integration and performance
* Liaise with Data and Infrastructure colleagues to ensure these are appropriately considered
* Attend Change Advisory Board (CAB) as technical expert
* Create and chair design authority
* Define the architectural principles for the company
* Help ensure that all change initiatives fit to the architecture and principles
* Ensure that 3rd party suppliers are following the architecture strategy and principles
* Lead the Engineering team on the Enterprise programme, a strategic change initiative to create a new solution for the business
* Work with 3rd party suppliers to schedule their work and ensure it meets our standards for entry to testing
* Assist with creation of business case for future initiatives with a solution component
Education & Experience
The individual must have over 5 years solid experience working across a variety of business areas, within the Microsoft stack, in development and design roles.
* At least 2 years as Solution Architect, creating an overarching solution architecture for a business as well as project based architecture work.
* Familiarity with major architecture frameworks (e.g. Zachmann, TOGAF)
* Ideally, be educated to a degree level, but not necessarily in an IT discipline
* Comfortable with board level interaction
* Experience of team management in software development
* Proven ability to keep in touch with industry and solution trends
* An IT evangelist, passionate about the role of IT in the business
Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to clearly articulate ideas, solutions and recommendations to all levels of staff via presentations, walkthroughs and one-to-ones. Able to deconstruct complex ideas and present these back to the customer in a way that they can understand, at an appropriate level of detail, taking account of cross functional Business & Technical audiences. Able to work collaboratively & be customer focussed, have strong interpersonal and networking skills, demonstrate sound facilitation, negotiation and influencing skills and establish and maintain solid, trusting relationships with project stakeholders at all levels, whether internal colleagues or external 3rd Parties
If you would like to apply for this role or would like to find out more, please apply online or contact Martin Parr at Sellick Partnership on (Apply online only).
Sellick Partnership is a market leader in financial recruitment, offering temporary, contract and permanent solutions. Over the last decade we have built up an enviable relationship with key employers, and our expert team of consultants boast up to date market knowledge and a strong reputation, making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
For the latest industry news, views and jobs follow our LinkedIn page (url removed)/company/sellick-partnership
Sellick Partnership have gone mobile. Simply visit our website using your mobile device to ensure that you don't miss out on your next career move, whilst on the move